69: Time's Up

Guys we made it to the final chapter 😞 it's been quite a journey

also quite amused that i ended it on a 69 😏

song// hold on by chord overstreet

Chapter 69: Time's Up

Luna's POV*

"Dude, I feel so badass," Dean said as we walked to the entrance of the venue, "Except I think I might accidentally shoot myself in the ass."

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I sighed, "Always keep the gun on safety unless you really have you use it."

"Still scared though," He mumbled under his breath.

We were lead through the main entrance by some hired ushers to a huge door where we could hear the sound of music playing and people talking.

"Okay last time," I stopped everyone in front of the door, "What is the phrase we say when I check in on the walkie talkie?"

"Pretty nugget." They all responded unanimously.

I clapped my hands together, pleased with their answer while Ace sulked with the reminder of the cute nickname I gave him the first time we ate lunch together.

"I feel like a proud mama," I clutched my heart dramatically, "I'll be checking in on the walkie talkie every 10 minutes."

"Hands in," Noah put his hand in the middle excitedly.

We looked at him with a bemused expression but he just stared back, oblivious to the way we were looking at him.

"Oh what the hell," Ace put his hand on top of Noah's.

I rolled my eyes and put my hand above his then soon everyone followed in suit, their faces holding different expressions on them.

"On 3, Pretty nugget," Noah commanded.

I stifled a laugh but still counted with everyone else, "1, 2, 3."

"Pretty nugget," We all said in unison.

At that moment, a bunch of other students walked past while sending us weird looks over their shoulders and whispering to their friends.

"Alright, lets go in before we attract even more attention," I mumbled and pushed open the big doors to reveal the venue.

Just like the blue print, ever chair and table were in place which were specifically decorated by Taylor and the food placed on them were picked out by Bee with the help of a caterer. The windows lined the walls, heavily draped by curtains and the dance floor was at the front full of teens dancing to the loud music from the speakers and secretly drinking alcohol. The ceiling was high and occupied by chandeliers and built in lights which were flashing multicoloured.

I made sure to high five Bee and Taylor as we walked in, "Nice job guys."

We immediately moved to our the places I designated them earlier, keeping a watchful eye. I watched as Bee walked to the stage, Dean to the bar, Lucas staying by the entrance while everyone else went to our reserved table.

"I'll get us drinks," I announced to the others before making my way over to the bar where Dean already looked bored out of his mind.

"A bucket please," I told the bartender while pointing at something on the drinks list.

"Why did you place me here by myself, Luna?" Dean whined, "Stay with me, yeah?"

I chuckled, "Sorry Dean, I would but my date probably wouldn't like that."