Chaper 1: The Guilt

Author's Note: This chapter takes place at the beginning of Avengers: Endgame during the 5 year jump. This was one week after they failed to get the stones back. And has a flashback between AoU and Civil War. This is my first "book" ever so if it's bad sorry
Enjoy!! <3

Natasha sits alone in the Avengers Base crying. She didn't know what to do. She feels guilty.
"Why couldn't I have gotten the stones..... I want my family back." Natasha thought.
"I just got used to the world after the avengers broke up. Then just like that.... gone." Natasha thought as hot tears streamed down her face. She brushed her blonde hair from her face and took a deep breath.

She heard footsteps down the hall. She knew who it was. It was Steve of course, he would stay here with her most of the time and go on missions when he was needed.

"I'm so glad that he is here. I would be lost without him."

She knows trying to stop crying won't help. He could read her like a book. She was never one to show her emotions but with him she always did. He was the only one she trusted. After Wanda was snapped, Tony was in space and still not on the best of terms after the breaking of the Avengers, and Clint went crazy, he was the only one She fully trusted him with everything.

" I would offer to make you dinner but you seem miserable already." Steve said coming in with a smile. He sat down on the other side of the table.

"It pains me to see you like this Nat, I wish I could hug you and make everything better." Steve thought.

He wanted to say it out loud but he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. He knows how much she hates being vulnerable.

"Nat," he said putting his large hand on her soft small hand.
"Stop crying, you can talk to me." He continued.

Natasha wiped her tears away. "I-I'm fine." Natasha said with a pity smile.

"Nat, I've know you for so long. You should know that I know when you are upset." Steve said seriously.

"I-I just don't know what to do." She took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. he was focused on her, never looking away from her eyes.

"The universe is messed up, my family is gone, I just don't know what to do. I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore except for you since Tony doesn't trust me, Wanda is gone, and Clint is not taking anything well. Even when I was a mess, I always had you guys. I used to have nothing before Nick took me in. I can't just let it go. I can't let my family go."

Steve understood this. He felt the same pain. At the same time however he felt a bit better after hearing her say that she trusted him. He knows she doesn't trust many people due to her gruesome past.

"We have lost important people Nat, but we still have each other. Now stop crying and eat your sandwich." Steve gave her a smile and pushed the sandwich on the desk towards her. Natasha gave him a small yet sweet smile.

"So any news?" asked Steve still holding her hand.

"No, well.... I don't know what's going on with Clint but I know it's not good..." Natasha said holding back tears.

"I don't know what to do Steve. He's was my only family before you."

"I think he needs you more than anything."

"Me?" asked Natasha

"Your his only family now."

Natasha sat there thinking about his family and how much she missed them.

- December 23, 2015-