Chapter 6: Grey Eyes

(Natasha's POV)

I'm strapped to a cold metal 'bed', well rather a sheet of metal. Red liquid in Tubes all over my body and a big vibrant purple streak across my other arm.

Another scar...

My legs couldn't move. I was drugged. I'm not thinking straight.

"Natalia.. darling." A man came up to my face.
"Don't call me that!" I spit back at him.
The man chucked.
"Time for you to 'dream'." The man said smirking.
"If I could move I would slap you so hard that you would pass out!" I screamed.

The man laughed and put this device on my head. It was burning hot.
I kept in the tears of pain.
Then everything started spinning.

Blackout

'Nat? Where are you?!' Steve yelled.
'Here!' I yelled at him putting my hands up out of the rubble and dirt that. He pulled me out of the mess and checked me over.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm doing as well as I can for almost being blown up." I sarcastically said pulling some dirt out of my red hair. He sighed in relief and looked straight at me.
"I won't let you die."
"Steve, it's better if I do then you, you know it." I insisted.
"Nat no you are more importa-" A group of men came and started to fire at us. I quickly jumped behind a large stone wall that had not fallen down when the bomb exploded. Steve put his shield up and deflected the bullets easily. They focus their fire on him so I pulled out my two pistols and shot at the men.

Steve threw shield and knocked all their guns out of their hands. I came up behind the stone wall and threw some Widow Bites  at the men, shocking them. One man ripped off the Bite and began to throw punches at me. I dodged them with ease and kicked him in the stomach and wrapped my legs around his torso and knocked him down. He got up and hit my head and I flew back.

I jumped at him again this time I kicked his chest and he fell down and went unconscious. I looked over at Steve who was fighting three men. I ran behind the men and kicked them one of them down and Steve took care of the others.

"Is that all of them?" He asked tightening his shield.
"For now."

We walked down to the main office to find it empty.
"Something doesn't fell right about this." I turn to Steve. He looked back at me in agreement.
I hacked into the computer system and located the drug.
"It's in sector 7B, we are in 6F..." I typed more code into the location.
"We need to go down 4 floors and then go right and it should be in that Vault." He nodded and we stated going out.

Then someone kicked me in the back. I looked behind me and there was a man in all white with a baton in his hands. He tried to kick me again but I dodged it.

Steve turned back to me.
"No Steve."'I said while fighting the odd man.
"Go and get it. I've got this covered! Go!" I insisted and he punched me in the jaw. I winced in pain and as he was about to knock me out Steve threw his shield at the man.

I looked up at him as he retrieved the shield.
"Got this covered?" He mocked me. I rolled my eyes and followed him down the halls.

We reached the room and it was completely empty.
"The hell.." Steve said
"Language.."I muttered. He gave me an agitated  look.
"They probably knew were coming. They must've snuck off while those men fought us."

Then a small thud hit the ground. A bomb. We both ran but the bomb went off. I flew back but a strong hand held onto my small body.
It was Steve.
"Don't blow away on me Nat." He joked but his eyes were full of concern.
"I'm not in control of that right now." I smiled back at him.

We got up and I saw my arm was bleeding.
Just my luck!
Steve grabbed my arm and looked at it.
"It's fine, we need to find the real drug."
He reluctantly agreed.

We looked around the whole B floor but we found nothing.
"I guess this mission is a bust..." I said. Then everything started shaking. I looked over at Steve in confusion. Then the floor broke and we went down.

Both me and Steve fell down and other rubble came with us. Steve grabbed me and covered us with his shield. Steve pushed me away when a big piece of floor fell on him.
"Steve!" I cried out as he held up the rock in his shield.

Then a big block hit me and I passed out.

                                      ———

I woke up to the sound of Steve yelling my name.

"Nat? Where are you?" His voice full of distress.
I couldn't move but I managed to quietly say
"H-here."

He ran over to me and pulled the rock off of me. He took my hand and pulled me up. I was expecting just to get to my feet but instead he pulled me into a big hug and lifted me off the ground.
I looked at him, confused.
"Don't... don't leave me." Steve said.
I looked into his baby blue eyes. I saw a tear fall down. I wiped it away.
'Why did you think I was gone?' I asked confused about why he cared so much. No one cares if I would die.
"I was calling your name for the past 15 minutes looking for you under all the rubble.. Nat, I can't loose you. You're my friend. I need you. Besides who's gonna make fun of me all the time?" Steve laughed.

"Steve, you shouldn't care about me that much. I should die on any mission instead of you."
He looked at me like I was insane.
"Never!"

"Why do you care about me?" All of a sudden my emotions changed but I didn't want them. I was happy but now I'm full of anger.
'Your my best friend Nat! I L—'

My dead eyes looked at his.
'I. Hate. You.'

STOP! I screamed in my head but I had no control.

Then his eyes became dark grey, almost black.

Soon Tony, Wanda, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Vision, T'Challa, Rhodey, Pepper, Maria, and Nick all showed up. Their eyes were just like Steve's.
'Why Natasha? Why?' They all said.

Then everything went black... and red.....