Chapter 12: Store Issues

(Natasha's POV)

We went to the small convenience store to get some food, since it's been a while since we've been to the house. I've really missed the woods. It was a sanctuary for me when I was ever upset. Only Steve, Clint, and I know about it.

We picked up the essentials: milk, bread, various vegetables and meat, strawberries, and of course Pop-Tarts. As we left I realized I had left my phone in the Pop-Tart isle.

"Damn it..." I mumble so Steve won't hear it.
"I left my phone while looking for Pop-Tarts, I'll be right back." Steve nods and I go back in. As I walk through the door I see a group of... three... no four guys surrounding the owner.

"You said you would have the money on Monday! It's Thursday now. We've given you the time. Pay up! Or else your daughter will be missing TWO parents!" The man commanded the owner with a gun to his head.
"I promised you nothing!" The man was about to say something else but I cut in.

"Gotta problem here fellas?"
All of the men turn towards me.
"What a damsel in distress! What, don't tell me. You're trying to play the hero! Well where I'm from girls are only princesses." Another man with a thick Italian accent said approaching me. He tried to grab my ass but I sharply grabbed his hand, twisted it and kicked him in the guts and pushed his back down.

Another guy went up to me and tried to grab my legs. Meanwhile another guys came up from behind me grabbing me neck. The main guy still had a gun to the owners head. I quickly grab the neck of the guy behind me and flip over his back simultaneously kicking the guy in front of me. It wasn't a powerful kick but knocked him back a good bit. I wrap my right leg around the man's neck and wrapped my left leg around his stomach.

Thank the lord I'm flexible.

I then put both my arms over his head and press down. He fell unconscious. The guy who I previously kicked took out a knife and tried stabbing me. As I kicked him he cut my leg. It was deep. I didn't bend over. I continued to try to take him down as my leg was dripping with fresh blood. I then punch him in the nose, then knee him in the stomach, and shove his shoulders down making his head hit the hard floor.

I see the man about to shoot the owner, grinning like a sociopath. I tried to get to him but my leg gave out. There is no way I can make it. Then I see a flash of blue and I see Steve punch the guy straight in the nose, making the gun fall out due to the impact. Put cold. The owner froze in shock. Then ran out the back door.

"Hey Steve, can you get my phone? I think I left it." I joked trying but failing to get up.
"Huh... didn't know. Thought you just came in to have a fun fight." He laughed and turned around. His smile vanished quickly as he saw the small puddle of blood around my leg.
"Nat!" He bent down to pick me up.
"No, no. I'm fine just let me-" I tied to finish and get up but my leg gave out and wouldn't let me up.
"Nat..." Steve said gently putting my arm over his shoulder lifting me up.
I whined in pain.
"Sorry..."
"It's fine Steve... now please take me to the pop tart isle for my phone."

We got my phone but didn't know what to do with these men.
"Nat, I'm just going to call the police. Your bleeding out. We have to get to the lake house quickly, there's a first aid kit there. It's closer than the hospital. We need to go know." Steve orders.
"Fine...." I say. I'm not in the mood to argue.
As we go to the car I start to fell light headed.
"s-Steve" I whisper. I grab his face lightly.
"Nat, stay conscious. Only five minutes Nat... stay conscious.. stay.." his voice drifted in and out.
"Nat... stay... need you... no... stay." His voice went out further. I heard the car start then I blacked out.

————————-

It's been long I know! I'm sorry! Have a great day/night!