Chapter 14: Home

(3rd person POV)

As their heads moved slowly towards each other their lips locked, softly and gentle, yet with passion. It felt as if this was the reason why they were alive. The only thing keeping them alive. It felt wrong for both of them, yet so right. He gently put his hands on her back, deepening the kiss. She put her hands on his neck moving closer towards him.

As they break apart Steve gently whispered,
"Never think so low of yourself. You are worthy of everything. Never doubt yourself. You may think your a monster but there is no way you are. You didn't have a choice to fight against the evil. When you did have a chance you took it. You felt that you had to free yourself. Your beautiful heart choose the good. The true good. Nothing can ever break that away from you. You are perfect Nat, everything about you is.

"I feel your pain. The pain, the whispers in your head saying 'Why couldn't you save them.' 'You could've.' 'You're too weak to save those that matter most to you, those that's matter most to everyone.' There's not a day that goes by that I can't forgive myself. I'm trying to move on... I really am. It's been over a year now, some people can move on. But not us, Nat. Not us..." Steve said putting his forehead on hers.

Natasha wrapped her hands around his back and embraced him. She never wanted to let go. He kissed her forehead lightly. They both sighed happily, yet solemnly as they stayed in that embrace all night long.

Silence for the rest of the night. In each others arms. They knew their mistakes. They knew what they had done. They know neither one of them are perfect. But most importantly, they know that in that tight embrace, that they were Home.