Chapeter 2: The Nightmears Haunt Me

(3rd POV)

"Nat?" Steve asked worried.
"Nat what's wrong?"
Natasha was shaking, crying, she was scared. Steve has seen her have nightmares before but none this violent.

"Nat it's okay I'm here." Steve said comforting her. She went into his arms and cried. Steve was rubbing her back and playing with her hair.

"Want to talk about it?" Steve eventually said still worried.
Natasha pulled away and sat there for a couple of seconds before nodding her head yes.

"I-I was back in Russia... strapped to a hospital bed. And... I-Ivan was there...." Natasha stuttered, Fear in her eyes.
Steve knew how much pain Ivan gave Natasha. Even the name makes him feel angry.

(Small Flashback)
"How could someone do this to a little girl?!" Steve thought the first time Natasha opened up about him about 2 years ago while they where on the run from the SHEILD.

It enraged him that someone would be that cruel. The mention of the torture made his heart heavy and sink down. If only he could've helped her. All of those girls and boys that got tortured and beaten. He could've saved Natasha and Bucky...

Natasha has only told Clint, Fury, and Steve about her past. It was hard for her to open up about it. She could still remember how they treated her, how she felt, how they beat her. It haunted her like a evil ghost.

(Back)

"And I had some sorta drive and they beat me.... then they threw a person on the ground..... and-and... it was you..." Natasha said that last part quietly.
Steve was holding her hand and she took a break from talking and just let him hold her hand. Staring at each other.

"I screamed saying I'd give him the drive but he said it was too late and...." A big tear fell from her face. And she looked him dead in the eyes.
"He... killed you right in front of me and I couldn't move. I couldn't save you Steve." She finished breaking down. She looked him in the eyes. Steve looked back at her teary emerald eyes.

Steve hated seeing this side of her, the broken side.
"Nat.... it's okay. It was only a dream." Steve tried to reassure her.
"But it felt so real!" She said a bit louder.
Tears were streaming down her scared face. She fell back in his arms holding on to him tightly.
"I can't loose you. Your my only family I have left."

(Natasha's view)
I can't loose him. He is the only person I trust.
I hated being weak. Crying. Being a wreck. I have nightmares all the time. They haunt me. I hate having them. I can't get rid of them.

However in his arms I felt so save. Most of the time I don't like having someone look out for me. I never had anyone to look after me until I met Clint. But even then I was usually alone. I never had someone to comfort me. I usually got over them quickly. I didn't want anyone near me when I had one. This nightmare however..... I was so glad he was there. If he wasn't I might have thought it was real, like some I've had before.

He made me feel... safe in his arms. It's hard to explain. I have never felt safer anywhere when I was with him. As much as I hate feeling like a little girl crying..... I couldn't help but like it when he comforts me.

(3rd POV)

Natasha stopped thinking and just sat there in his arms. Only a few tears fell every now and again but he has calmed her down for the most part. She put one hand on his chest and the other around his back. He had both his arms around her back. They sat in comfortable silence and just enjoyed being in each other's embrace.

For some reason, Natasha felt she needed physical contact with others, especially when she was stressed. She would often pull those whom she trusted into hugs. She felt like those small touches stabilized her into reality. After the Avengers broke up, she had been more affectionate with those around her, most of all Steve.

(Steve's View)

I held her tightly in my arms. I never wanted to let go. I know how she is. She hates being protected but I can't help myself. I just want to be there for her. I always want to protect my family. Especially Natasha. I don't really know why I want to protect her all the time. She is more than capable to protect herself.

I guess she's the first one that welcomed me into the Avengers. But it was still odd, she didn't really open up to me until we had missions together. Our missions were always my favorite. She was so good at her job, sometimes I would just gape at how she dodged punches and kicked people in the guts.

She would often try to set me up with other women during our missions. At first I found it odd but then I just got used to it. However, I never really liked it. All of them never worked out. The one that sort of worked out was Sharon.

She was a very nice lady and all but I never felt anything between us. I tried to see if it could be long term but someone else was always in my mind. After our kiss I knew for certain that I didn't like her.

(3rd POV)
After about 20 minutes of them sitting in silence Natasha's tear stopped flowing. She was still in Steve's arms as she fell back into sleep. Steve didn't want to fall back asleep for a while just to make sure she wouldn't have another nightmare. He fell asleep 30 minutes after Natasha fell asleep.

Hey guys! I'm sorry that this one is short! If you have any suggestions for the story let me know! Thank you so much for 10+ views on my first one in less than 24 hours! It means a lot. This is my first story I have ever published 😂.
Have a good day/night! ❤️