Chapter 3: Pepper's Surprise

(Steve's View)
*note when in a person's view italics are thinking. (This)*

I woke up feeling warmth on my side. Nat lied there sleeping peacefully.
'I don't want to disturb her. She looked so peaceful when she is sleeping... well when she isn't having a nightmare."
I sat there waiting for her to get up.

"Morning.." Natasha said with a small smile and she was still sleepy.
"Morning Nat." I said giving her a smile.
I didn't want her to get up. It felt good to have her in my arms.
Because she's just a friend.... right? I want to protect my friend. Friend?
Yeah. Yeah Steve what's gotten into you. Snap outta it!

"Do you want some breakfast?" I asked Nat.
"Sure. While you do that I'm going to take a quick shower."
Natasha got up from Steve's arms and went to the shower.
"She was so warm..."

(Natasha's view)

I got up from the couch.
"He was so warm. I really didn't want to get up but it's already 9:30. Damn it, I've become too soft for my own good. I should apologize, that was really out of character for me."
I went to my room and grabbed a pear of light denim shorts.
"Crap I'm outta clean shirts. I'll just go to Steve's room and take one. He won't mind."
I grabbed one of Steve's shirts. It was light grey and had dark grey strips.

I went into my bathroom and to a shower.
After my shower I put on my shorts and his shirt. I tied it in the front to make it look smaller.
"It smells nice... wait why am I think about that that's just..... no that's just weird Natasha..."  
I laughed at my odd thought.
I brushed my short blonde hair and brushed my teeth.

"Mmmmm..... waffles!"

I put my dirty clothes into my laundry basket.
"I need to to laundry."

I went into the kitchen and watched Steve make the waffles and eggs. He was humming a song to himself.
"That's kinda cute...."
I held in my giggles for a bit then said,
"Smells good." I said giggling.
"Oh I didn't know you where there." Steve said looking at me a bit embarrassed.
"Blueberries or Strawberries today Ms. Romanoff?" Steve asked in a silly voice.
"Hmm Strawberries today, kind sir." I said laughing giving a little curtesy.
Steve laughed.

We sat down in the small dining area near the kitchen. There are multiple dining areas in the mansion but I like the smaller one better. It's more casual.
I had 2 eggs and 2 waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. I also had a black coffee.
Steve had the same except with blueberries.

"Wow Nat you have great a great shirt on. I would totally wear it." Steve joked.
"Yeah it is nice. I mean it looks great on me." I laughed.

"Why do you always take my shirts?" Steve asked with a smile on his face. His eyes had a sparkle in them.
"Well 1 because they are really comfy and 2 because I forgot to do laundry yesterday." I laughed.
"You can borrow my stuff anytime."
"I know and even if you didn't want me to, let's be real, I still would."
Steve laughed at that.

"Oh and I'm sorry I fell asleep on you last night. That was really out of character for me. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything." I said shoving more waffles in my mouth.
"Oh, it was fine. I was really tired too so I didn't mind." Steve replied. I let out a breath I was holding.

We talked for a bit longer until my phone buzzed.
"Oh Pep texted me." I unlocked my phone.

Pepper: Hey Nat!

Natasha: Hey Pep. What's up?

Pepper: I was wondering if you could come to my house today. I have a big surprise and I can't wait to tell you! Are you free today?