Chapter 27- Reunited

(2 weeks later)
(3rd Person POV)

The Avenger's Base building process has gone smoothly and efficiently. The once small shell of a building is now a large mansion with three floors finished and more to be added on. Many of the Avengers have already moved into their fully functional and sleek quarters. Fury has taken up the responsibility of being the team's 'leader'. He thought it was time to re-build and start new advances in space. Carol Danvers and Bruce Banner are both currently working on numerous projects and making new and advanced technology and weapons.

Sam and Bucky have been on numerous missions involving Zemo, the man who broke up the Avengers. Bucky is determined to find him and capture him. After the death of Tony, he has felt more guilt than ever. Feeling as if he should've died when he fell off the train back in WWII. Sam tried his best to get Bucky's mind off of his past with his quick witted jokes and sarcasm. Steve also tried to help out his friend when they saw one another every so often.

Gamora finally reunited with her family after being gone for so long.

"Hey, Gamora. There's some people out there I think want to see you." Natasha called out to her friend from the kitchen. Gamora leapt up and ran out to see the Guardians' ship.

Peter Quill was the first to rush out of the ship and reach Gamora. Right before he got close to her he stopped.

"Are you really her... the one I know?" He asked worriedly. When he saw Gamora on the battle field he was beyond ecstatic. But when he heard the news that it wasn't really her, he was crushed. He didn't interact with anyone for two days other than to argue with Rocket about whose food it was that he ate.

"Well, I'm not sure. All I know is that you are a dancer and I am not." She slightly smiled before Peter embraced her.

She gently pushed him away and sweetly smiled at him before going over to hug her sister Nebula.
"I'm glad you're back... sister." Nebula quietly said and Gamora smiled.

"I am Groot!" The teenage Groot excitedly said.
"Yeah, she's back!" Rocket said and nodded at Gamora and did the best smile he could do. He turned back to Groot and saw him and Thor talking about Groot's new video game.

"Ah, lady Gamora!" Thor smiled and walked over to her. He gave her a bear hug.

"So nice to see you back! The Asgaurdians of the Galaxy, complete!" Thor squished Gamora.
"The what?" She asked breaking the uncomfortable hug.

"It's not that Asgaurdians! It's the Guardians!" Peter argued back at the god of thunder.
"Not this BS again..." Rocket whined and rolled his eyes.
"I will follow the majestic man!" Drax exclaimed. Mantis nodded in agreement.

"I am Groot!"
"Dude!" Peter touched his heart and stepped back.
"Come on man!"
"Aha! See! The tree agrees with me!" Thor smiled widely.

"Enough! Both of you!" Gamora commanded and they both stopped.
"Neither one of you is in control. We are a team. If you two don't stop it now, I swear I'll stay here with Natasha and Steve!" Thor looked back up in confusion.

"Wa-what? N-Natasha? Lady Natasha? Red hair? Short?" Thor asked anxiously. He nervously brushed his hair with his fingers.
"Uh... yeah?" Gamora asked confused before her eyes got big.
"Oh! Yes! Steve got us back!"

Almost as if on que Natasha strolled over to the odd group of galaxy warriors.
"Lady Natasha!" Thor smiled and laughed as he went over for a hug.
"Ah, hey big guy..." She said as he practically suffocated her tiny body. She tapped him on his arm and he broke the hug still smiling.

"Aha! I told Clint we could get you back!" He smiled more. "He said we couldn't get you back but I said we have to! And you're here!"

Natasha froze in shock. Hearing her friend saying that he wouldn't accept that she was gone and try to get her back warmed her heart.
"Thanks, Thor. It means a lot." She smiled warmly at her friend.