Chapter 11: Coffee and a Story

6 months later....
(3 POV)

Natasha and Steve have just gotten done with their workout. They did the usual: sparred, boxed, ran. Their favorite thing was sparring for sure. They wouldn't let either of them know but they both go a bit easier on each other. Well, still fought but not as hard.

After Natasha and Steve took a shower they decided that they needed to get out of the 'house'. They went to a once busy cafe which is now quite... well empty. The owner was still there running it but she lost her two children that helped her run the store. It's been dull ever since. Almost like Thanos took all liked and color from families and erased it. It's showed clearly.
When they got there they both ordered black coffee. Natasha got a cheese danish and Steve got a croissant. They sat down at a booth in the far right corner of the shop. They always sat there. Sometimes other people would be there but now it was no worry at all. There was about 6 people in the cafe with them. It was a place of harmony where everyone got along well.

"Wow this place looks... well dead." Steve said as he sipped his coffee. He looked out the window to see snow flakes falling slowly.
"Yeah... it's been awhile since we've gone to this place. I missed it, I still feel like I'm not even at Mrs. Slum's Cafe anymore. Like a new cafe trying to be like her's...it makes me sad. This was one of the first places I went with... Clint... when I was rescued from The KGB." She sniffed but didn't cry, she lurk never cry in public.
"You know you never told me, why did he rescue you? Like did you guys fight or... wait, you Nat and Clint I bet you fought..." Steve put a small smile but it quickly went away as he looked at Natasha's eyes. They looked dull. Full of concentration.
——————————
March 15, 2008

As I walked into the SHEILD bunker I noticed no body was there, I knew it was a trap.

You've got to be shitting me.

Then a body tackled me to the ground. I kicked him in the guts and tried to wrap my legs around his neck to choke him. He saw it coming and had quick reflexes. He twisted my leg and I fell back down. He put his leg on my shoulder so I wouldn't move.

'Natalia, trust me I want to -'
I spun around and kicked his knee cap. He fell a bit and re gained his strength. I flipped onto his back and pulled his neck but he fell back and shook me off.

After a little more time fighting we both were getting tired. It's been almost an hour. He is the best appointment I've had. I would thank him but, well I won't. It's not in my nature.

'Natalia! I'll help you!' He called as I punched his shoulder.
'Мне не нужна помощь от тебя тупой дурак!'
(I don't need help from you fool!)
I cried in Russian.
'да ты Наталья! я могу спасти тебя от них!'
(Yes you do Natalia! I can save you from them!)
He responded. I was shocked to hear him say that.
'I'm impressed. None of my opponents from other countries have gotten my Russian.' I said trying to kick him but he dodged. He twisted my wrist and kicked me back.
'I can save you from them! No more of this!' He pleaded.
"No! I have to finish My mission!" My eyes told a different story, I was hurt I wanted out but I can't.
'I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to save you.'
'No!'
'Ugh, I guess I have to do it this way...'
'What way...'
He pressed a button and I fell unconscious.

—————————

"Well it was.. let's see...11, almost 12 years ago. I was in a mission to eliminate a SHEILD director. However, they knew about it and sent their top agent, Clint, to come kill me. I was on their hit list for a while. When I went into the SHEILD building, with a disguise obviously, I knew it was a trap the second I saw no one there. Then Clint jumped in my back. After a while of fighting he said:
'I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to save you.' Now at that time I was upset that he did this but also I wanted out for so long. I was never a big fan of hope and chances. But after all that, I believe in good again. It wasn't just Clint who helped me. Tony tried to... he was bad at it though. Me and Thor never got to close, I mean he's still one of my closet friends and I trust him, but he's always gone. Bruce was well, Bruce.. god I don't know why I ever... anyways. Then there was this guys I don't know if you know him... Steve Rogers. Yeah Steve Rogers, that right." Natasha smirked and he rolled his eyes.
"I think he had the most impact on me. He really did help me a lot." She paused and stared into his eyes.
"He... umm.. he helped me to see the good in people.
I didn't think that existed. Not after what happened to me. We weren't friends to start of and I'm being honest, I kinda sorta didn't like you that much..." she trailed off and Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"What did I do to offend you Nat, I certainly didn't mean to I-" she cut him off my putting her finger on his lips. His cheeks went a bit pink but not for long.
"Oh no, you didn't do anything wrong. Thats was the problem. You were too perfect. Too nice. Ugh I thought you were so annoying and fake. But now looking back at it, maybe I just wanted to be more like you. Even with your red ,white and blue leotard on ." She laughed and he laughed too.

"I'm glad Clint saved you." He said looking into her eyes.
"Yeah, me too...."  she looked down.
"What?"
"Nothing I'm fine." She lied.
"What's wrong Nat?"
"I said nothing Rogers!" She slammed her hands on the table softly but still enough to make Steve jump. He kept pressing the subject.

"I'm not going to ask again Nat, what's wrong. I care about you! I want to make sure your okay." He pleaded.

"I-I, not here.. can we got back to the base? Actually, no. Can we go to the lake house?"
"Uh yeah sure whatever makes you happy." They got up and left to the lake house.

In the car ride there neither one talked. Steve don't want to make Natasha uncomfortable and Natasha was watching the snow flakes fall down.

Eventually they go to the lake house.
"Wow it's been a while!" Natasha said smiling at Steve pulling him inside.
The small house was hidden in the woods. When hiking one day Natasha and Steve decided they wanted a little cabin to chill out in. They also stayed in it for a little while after Civil War. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It also had a small bunker in case they couldn't make it out in time. It was fully stocked with clothes and dishes but no food. It was a gorgeous cabin. Pretty small but not too terribly.

It was on the lake which was currently frozen since it's January. They had ice skates here too. It was their little retreat. The only people who knew about it was Wanda, Sam, and Vision.

"Before we talk can we go ice skating?" Natasha asked.
"S-sure.."
"I know, I know. I'll tell you later."
"Okay but it's not just that I..." he took a deep breath.
"Don't make fun of me but... I'm scared to the ice. After being stuck in it for 70 years.."
"Oh I'm sorry, we don't have to!" She quickly apologized.
"No, I want to learn. Just promise me you worst let me fall..." he laughed nervously.
"I promise Capsicle!"

-/-/-/-/-/-/

The next chapter will get some big advances... What do you think is bother Nat? Let me know what you think of the chapter! 💕💕 bye