Chapter 24: Friends

(Natasha's POV)

We walked up to Scott's house and knocked on the door.
A small figure walks up to the door and answers with a quick 'hello'.

"Hey. Is uh, Scott Lang here?"
"Oh! Yeah I'll go get him." She half closed the door and yelled, "Yo! Dad!"
"Yeah Cassie?" A voice, I'm guessing Scott, returned.
"These people need to speak with you, they are Avenges." She turned to us a spoke quietly,
"You are right?"

We both nod. You can really see that she is Scott's daughter. I inwardly chuckle as Scott came to the door.
"Oh, hey guys!" He smiled and Cassie backed away from the door.
"Is everything okay?" He asked but before we could answer his eyes went huge.
"Natasha?! You.. What... But... Dead..." he rambled in confusion.

"Uh, yeah I'm back now but we don't have time for that."  He nodded and took a deep breath.
"It's fine, people return from the dead all the time." He reassured himself.
"So do you happen to know where Hank Pym is?" Sam questioned him.

"Ohhh! Yes I do!" He clapped his hands together.
"Great we kinda need to get some more Pym particles."
"Oh I get it. Top secret Avengers stuff."
I looked over at Sam who is facepalming.
"Sure..." Sam said before regaining his composure.

"Yeah I'll go call him up, you guys can come in. I mean only if you want, do you guys do that sort of thing?" He opened the door more and we both went in and sat in the living room.

"You guys can chill here for now. I'll go call him but it might be a bit, he gets talking sometimes..." He quickly left and went upstairs.

I looked around the room and it seemed pretty cozy. The walls were a nice shade of blue-green and had many pictures on the wall. Most of them were little Cassie pictures but there were some more pictures that looked pretty new. There is a nice dark wooden coffee table in the middle of the room with some books and pencils scattered around the succulents in the middle.

On the right wall there is a beautiful grey fireplace with a TV just above it on the wall. It had some very odd paintings that are actually quite creepy. Also some cards, more pencils, and a.... hot-wheel car.

Interesting.

Scott came back down adverting my brain from my thoughts.
"Good news, he has some and can make new ones at anytime. Bad news is that he won't give his secret out on how to make them."
"I don't care about how to make them, Bruce and figure it out. But can we get some of them?"

"Yes but he is currently in Rome, Italy. You will have to wait 5 days till he comes back."
I groaned.
"Thanks Scott, just give us a call or something when he gets back."
"Will do." We said our good-byes and headed out.

"Well at least there are some." Sam pointed out.
"Yeah, well I guess I hang out the other guys. But, there's someone I need to see first. We will need a jet." I smirked at Sam and he looked back confused.

I parked Sam's car at the Avengers base and didn't look or speak to anyone. I want to surprise them all after I my visit. Sam lied and said he saw some suspicious men in Montana and needed to fly there. Luckily, Rhodey bought it and gave him the keys to the jet. We entered the ship and I took the pilot seat and started to fly off.

                                        ———
"So where exactly are we goin?"
I smirked, "A friend's house. You'll see." He sighed and decided to take a nap.

I landed relatively far away from the little farm house so I could still surprise all of them.
"Sam! We are landing!" I shouted out at him and he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Nat, is this where I think we are." He sleepily asked.
"Probably not, thinking isn't your speciality."
"Haha." He sarcastically laughed.

I knocked on the door and saw a man walking up. Happiness and adrenaline went through my body rapidly. He looked through the door window and froze. He motioned for someone and they appeared with the same shocked expression.

He quickly opened the door and gaped.
"Close your mouth, don't want any flies getting in there."
"Nat!" He joyfully said bringing me into a hug. He pulled back and looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"But.." He tried to speak but couldn't find the words.
"Clint," she smiled at her frantic friend, "It's okay."
He froze, "Don't you ever say the damn words again."

I laughed and saw Laura next to him and have her a hug.
"Natasha! I'm so glad you are back. Now, I think some kids in there would want to see you." I smiled as I thought of them.

We walked into the house and I noticed it changed a bit since last time I was here. All of the dolls were gone and the old crayon pictures were replaced with water color paintings and some sloppy marker drawings of cars and trains. I saw Clint's baseball glove in the table with 4 other gloves too. I looked over at the living room and saw many pictures of them as a happy family.

It does still make me feel empty knowing I'll never have what Clint and his family have. Clint came back and grabbed Sam to go get some beer from the fridge.
"Want one?" He smiled.
I rolled my eyes, "Come on Clint.. I never pass up free alcohol."

I hear loud footsteps come down the stairs. I excitedly looked at the stairs to see a gaping Lila and Cooper. They looked at each other, then back at me, then back at each other and nodded. Then little Nathaniel waffles done behind them and giggled.

Lila ran up to me and gave me a tight hug. Cooper and Nathaniel soon followed after. I picked up Nathaniel and he nuzzled into my neck.

"Aunt Nat... I thought.. but Dad said..." Lila attempted to explain.
"How are you back?" Cooper asked breaking away from the group hug.
"It's pretty complicated, but long story short, Captain America came and he gave back an infinity stone, I know you probably don't know about those-"

"Oh no we do! Dad told us all about the fight!" Nathaniel laughed at Cooper's response.
I looked into the kitchen to see Sam and Clint laughing.

Clint never grew up, did he?

I laughed and continued my story, "Anyways he traded the soul stone for me and the other lady, Gamora. They are still there right now, I need to wait for some more time travel things." I tried to explain them in words that they could understand, well I know that Nathaniel won't understand them but he is only 5.

"Wow! That's cool!" Nathaniel said in awe. I bopped his nose and he scrunched his nose at my gesture.
Clint called Cooper to help make dinner and Nathaniel jumped down from my arms and followed his big brother.

"Yeah it is Aunt Nat! I hope you get them soon, I really want to see you and Steve get married!" Lila claimed smiling brightly.
"Me and Steve... what?"
"Come on! You clearly like him!" She insisted.
I laughed, she does know me well.

I put my finger on my lips.
"Don't blow my cover!" She giggled.
"I won't!"

                                          ———
After the extraordinary dinner we said our goodbyes and promised to come back after I get Steve and Gamora back. Lila gave me one last hug before I went out to the ship with Sam.

"That was fun, I need to go back and have some more beer with Clint." Sam told me as we walked to the ship in the fields.
"More beer?" I joked and he rolled his eyes.
"So where are you gonna crash for the night? If I remember, isn't your apartment in New York?"
I nodded, "Yeah it is but I don't go there often anymore. I live in the Avenger's Base practically. I stayed there all during the 5 years that passed without you guys."

"So you ran the entire Avengers thing?"
"I mean Steve helped some too but yeah, I guess."
"So I see you guys have gotten even more closer than before." He smirked.
"What? Even more?"
"Dear Lord, y'all seemed to be in your own bubble half the time."
I gave him a look and he smirked back again.

———
Chapters 1-3 have been edited and updated a little bit!