Chapter 8: Just a Deam

(No POV)

"Natasha?!" A voice yelled. Natasha was currently shaking,crying, yelling in her sleep. Her words are odd 'No! Stop, let me go. Steve?! Wanda?! Clint?!' Among others. She would also scream in Russian which the voice couldn't figure out.

-3 hours earlier-

"Hey, is she okay?" Asked a man going up to a car. It was Natasha's car.
"She left about 10 minutes ago. I don't know what happened but when Tony came home he said he saw a wreck. I knew it was her." A woman replied back to the man.
"Are there any wounds? Damage? Does she need to go to the hospital?" The man asked concerned.
"No Tony came and noticed no bleeding nor injuries. I think she just ran into a tree and was knocked out. He checked her pulse and everything was fine. It's like she's sleeping or something..."
"Okay, I'll take her back 'Home'. Thanks for calling me Pepper. I know things aren't great between me and Tony but we should catch up some time." The man said smiling.
"Okay drive safe Steve. Call me to make sure she's all good in the morning." Pepper got into her car and drove back to her house.

Steve went back into his car where an unconscious Natasha sat in the passenger seat. The drive was painful for Steve because he was extremely worried about Natasha. Even if Tony said she's good he's still worried. If anything happened to her he wouldn't know what he would do.

When they got back home Steve lied Natasha down into her bed and sat next to her on a chair. She kept on shaking and saying random gibberish. He could
make out some of it. He was worried so stayed with her.

Eventually about 2 and a half hours later, she was shaking even more. Crying even. He heard his name and then tears. He was confused. He lied down next to her and brushed her hair trying to calm her down but it didn't work.

Soon he hear 'No you don't want to be like me!' 'Monster'. That made his blood boil. He knew she isn't a monster.

Then the worst happened. He saw a smile on her and was happy.
'Maybe she calmed down.' He thought. Then she stated Sobbing. Worst than crying. She was shaking and sweating. She was kicking and screaming : 'GUYS? COME BACK!!!!'

Steve couldn't take it anymore he had to be aggressive to get her out of it.
"Natasha!?" He yelled. No answer.
He shook her. Nothing.
Then suddenly, he picked her up and yelled: "NATASHA WAKE UP!" Still nothing.
She was shaking more and more.
He felt hopeless.
"Nat, please. W-wake up. I love you..."
She stopped shaking. Her eyes flickered open.
She screamed.

"STEVE?" She looked at him in disbelief.
"Nat?!" He chocked up.
"No, nononono! Stop playing games Ivan!! I know it's not him. Stop torturing me even more! Stop please just kill me!!" She screamed punching Steve.
"NAT?! What are you doing? I'm Steve Grant Rogers!!"
"NO YOUR NOT!" She cried. She looked down at her hands and saw no red marks, no ropes. She looked around the room. Her room.
Steve couldn't say anything. He didn't know what happened but he knew it came from her dream.
"N-nat? Look at me." She don't look at him so he put his hand in her chin and made her look at him.
"I don't know what happened but I'm Steve... the real one. How can I prove it to you?" He said tears falling slowly down his cheek.
"There's nothing you can say that will make me think your the real Steve. You probably know everything about him and I know you know everything about me." She looked away.
"Nat... no please it's me!! The Steve that went into ice, the Steve you tried to set me up on dates, the Steve who saved you when hydra bombed us in Jersey, the Steve that trusts you, the Steve that was a criminal for helping B-Bucky, the Steve who with you stayed on the down low for two years, the Steve that fought beside you, the Steve that.... can't live without you..." he looked down feeling hopeless.
Natasha didn't move. It can't be him...
"Nat, you went to Pepper and Tony's house and crashed into a tree about 3 hours ago. You fell unconscious and went into dreams where you were shaking. You kept on repeatedly saying names. Me, Clint.... Wanda... And you also said let me go. I don't know what happened but I'm here for you. Always."

Natasha couldn't help it anymore. She knew it was him. She threw herself on him, surprising him but he gladly hugged her back.
"I'm sorry.." she whispered.
He just held her tighter.
"Wanna talk about it!" He asked unsure of her response.
"No not now, can you just... hold me?" She asked a bit embarrassed about the last part.
"Of course." Steve said pulling her closer.

Okay, don't be too mad at me! I didn't like where the story was going and I felt like it was a bit outta place for after the snap. It would have worked so much better during aftermath of CW. But yeah! From now on I'm going to take longer breaks but they will be longer chapters. I will try to be more regular and I'm sorry that I wasn't. I decided to post 2 chapters in one night!! Whoop-whoop!

Anyways have a great day/night! Make sure to vote! 💕😘