I Don't Trust You Enough

SilverAngel999

The cover in black and white is a great dramatic effect, although I feel like I've seen the two icons on many books before. It's less anticipated that people will read books with very similar covers, because well we all judge by first looks.
The blurb has a good hook with the dialogue from the beginning. That part of explaining who will accompany them in the story is kind of unnecessary, but the last sentence sounds like something to keep in the blurb.

The Author's Note said you expect to be grammatically incorrect because of the language but in my opinion, you did well.

You wrote about criminology as a career for characters and I just wanted to suggest that you could find the definition of it and write based on that. I found your interpretation of that was very well written.

In contrast to the first chapter, the next chapters seemed short and felt like it didn't have enough actions or descriptions to balance the dialogue.

In general, the characters are pretty solid and the start of the plot it catching. I liked the way the main characters solved the case despite their issues with one another.
I think you're doing very good with this book.

-Empress🐧