Chapter Three: Let's get to work

"Peter!"

The sound of his name being called woke him up.

"Are you even listening?" His PE teacher asked him, and now everyone was waiting for his response.

"Yes, yes, of course," Peter said, shaking his head to wake up. He had stayed up all night patrolling the city, fighting crime, so obviously he was exhausted and didn't notice when he fell asleep while doing push-ups in PE, embarrassing.

His teacher raised his eyebrows "Well then, what was I saying?"

Peter froze but then he heard someone whisper to their friend something about running laps and he risked it "That we were going to run laps on the field?"

The teacher seemed disappointed that he knew "Yes, now everyone go outside onto the field!" He ordered and everyone went outside of the gym. He let out a sigh of relief and followed the other students.

"Dude, that was close!" Ned said as they were leaving. Peter just nodded and pretended to run slowly around the field.

"Ten laps everyone!" The teacher announced and everyone groaned.

-

"Hey, losers!"

"Oh, hey MJ! Peter and I were just talking about the tests on Friday, what did you get?" Ned said cheerfully, moving his tray of food to make space for Michelle.

It was lunchtime and Peter was with his friends in the cafeteria. He just ate everything he got and was half asleep, leaning, on one hand, to listen to Ned speaking.

"B, and you Ned?" MJ simply replied as she was sitting at the opposite side of the table.

"I got a B as well, what did you say you got Peter?" Ned asked his friend.

"Peter?" MJ repeated.

Peter jolted awake, looking frantically around the room. When did he fall asleep? "Yes, yeah, what?"

Ned sighed "Did you fall asleep again?"

"No" Peter shook his head, rubbing his eyes with his sweater "Well maybe... I'm sorry! I didn't sleep well last night..."

"Why?" MJ asked before taking a bite of her lunch.

Peter was about to come up with an excuse but then MJ cut him off "Just kidding, I don't care" and continued to eat her lunch.

Peter was slightly confused but then asked Ned, turning to look at him "Why did you wake me up?"

"I was asking you about the test! Remember? I forgot what grade you got," Ned simply replied.

Peter shrugged "An A-." He played with the fork on his tray, regretting eating all the food so fast and not saving any for now.

MJ dropped her sandwich "An A-? Seriously? That test was hard! Most of the students were happy that the grade didn't matter."

"Wait" Ned began "The grades didn't matter? I thought hard for that test, I used all of my brain power! Man..." He sighed, looking down at the floor in disappointment.

Peter chuckled at his friend, he was happy he had him all this time. School would be miserable if it wasn't for Ned... And MJ.

-

Peter was leaving the school, feeling relieved. Another day of school is over. That was how he felt until something, or someone ruined it for him.

"Hey Penis!"

He turned around and saw the, all too familiar, Flash. Peter's fist clenched, he gritted his teeth and didn't say anything. He turned back around and continued to walk to the subway station.