Chapter Twenty Six: Look, I'm sorry

Peter threw himself onto the couch, he was exhausted. After eating with the avengers he had to get back in the lab. Because the suit was almost finished it was really heavy to move around.

He could probably pick up the whole Iron Man suit if he wanted to but he couldn't because Tony was there. After all, he couldn't use his super strength.

He once more regretted that he didn't use his powers in every day life. After mumbling reasons why he doesn't use his powers into the cushion he sat up.

The living room was empty again. Peter looked around, searching for his Aunt, she should be home right now.

"Aunt May?" He called out, too lazy to get up on his own and look for her.

She peeked out from the hallway "Yes Peter?"

He groaned and laid back on the couch, mumbling "I'm bored."

"Do you want to help clean the bathroom or are you not bored anymore?" She asked him with a smirk as she returned to her cleaning.

Peter pretended to suddenly remember something "You know what? I have to do the... Uh, thing for school. You know the thing I'm talking about? Yeah it's due this week so I have to do it. Sorry May."

As he was rambling he hurried over to his room. Don't get him wrong, he loves to help his Aunt, but cleaning the bathroom crosses the line. Aunt May won't mind, right?

He pretended to not see the rest of his homework from that day as he threw himself onto the bed. Maybe he could grab something from the kitchen to eat while doing his work. He patted himself on the back for thinking of it. "You're a genius Peter!" He mumbled to himself as he got up with a smile.

Just as he reached the door it opened. Before the thought of telekinesis got to his head, his brothers walked in. Andrew pushed him back onto his bed "Not so fast, now sit down."

Peter complied, sitting back onto his bed and looking at Tobey who was cautiously closing the door after them. "What's going on?" He asked them once he noticed how serious they were.

Andrew suddenly turned to Tobey "You say it."

"Why me?" Tobey was caught off guard with the question, quickly defending himself "You're the one who came up with the idea!"

"What idea?" Peter asked them, getting impatient.

Tobey and Andrew turned to him quickly, answering at the same time "We went to his house."

"Which house-" Peter began but realised what they meant "What were you thinking? Didn't I tell you that I'll figure something out?!"

"But we said we'll figure something out," Tobey countered.

"Well at least you didn't do something stupid like talk to his parents..." Peter mumbled and snapped his head back up "You didn't right?"

"Well here's the thing-" Andrew began but Peter cut him off with a loud groan.

"Wasn't I clear about what not to do or do I need to write it out. If you want there's paper right here. I'll write everything in it and make two copies for each of you-" Peter rambled, mumbling to himself.

Tobey looked at Andrew and sighed, he went up to Peter, shaking him by the shoulders "Peter! Listen to me, we didn't talk to his parents. We wanted to but our plans changed."

"Huh?" Peter's expression turned into a confused one.

Andrew sighed and sat down on a chair "When we introduced ourselves over the speakers and said we wanted to talk about Flash, all that we got back was-"