Chapter Twenty One: I've been busy

Peter entered the elevator, a smile spread across his face. His day was going a little bit chaotic but he didn't mind, he actually preferred it that way.

Now that he was at his internship he could go back to something he loved after two very long days, it felt like an eternity has passed since he was last here.

As the doors opened they slowly revealed the familiar workshop. Peter raised an eyebrow when he saw that Tony wasn't here.

He went over to the table after he left his backpack at the door, like always. He expected to see the iron man suit on the table, but instead it was the grey suitcase from before.

Almost all of the gadgets that have been added to the suit were now sprawled out across the table. He picked up a little drone they made way before, it was attached to something, like it was charging.

Peter jumped as he heard a voice, it was Tony's AI "Would you like me to inform Mr.Stark that you're here?"

He left the drone on the table and looked at the ceiling, confused as to where to look when speaking to her "Um when will Mr.Stark be back?"

"He will be gone for a short while" she answered and repeated her question "Would you like me to inform him that you're here?"

Peter quickly shook his head "No thank you..." He tried to remember the name of the AI "... F.R.I.D.A.Y.?"

"Yes Peter?" The voice asked.

Peter chuckled to himself, leaning on the table "Oh, nothing. Thanks."

The voice of the AI was cut short when Peter heard a conversation between two people, it was getting louder and louder, like the sound was coming closer. As he heard the elevator doors ding he quickly turned around. Facing Tony who was still talking.

Along with Tony there was another person. Peter didn't recognize him from anywhere, the person was a complete stranger to him.

Just then Peter waved, and it seemed to get Tony's attention so he stopped talking.

There was a long and awkward pause.

The person next to Tony seemed to be around the same age as Peter, that was his guess anyway. The stranger ran a hand through his brown hair, shoving his hands into his pockets. Peter looked at Tony for help.

Tony sighed and rolled his eyes "How hard is it to introduce yourself?"

He pulled out the other person's hand out of their pocket and put theirs and Peter's hands in a handshake "Now state your names. C'mon, we don't have the whole day."

Peter looked at Tony weirdly but then put on an awkward smile "Hi, I'm Peter, Peter Parker."

"I'm Harley Keener" The other person, Harley, said and broke their handshake.

Harley turned to Tony questioningly "So he's the Peter I've been hearing ab-"

He got cut off by Tony loudly coughing "So Peter, why don't we start where we left off."

Peter pointed to the table "This is definitely not where we left off..."

"Oh that's right, I did some work over the weekend" Tony remembered, pointing to Harley and then at the table "And you started with this right?"

Harley got closer to the table, pulling his sleeves up "Yes, this is where I left off."

Peter watched as they got to work, awkwardly standing in between them. He played with his hands "Um Mr.Stark?"

"Yeah kid?" Tony answered him, turning his head around to look at Peter.

"I kind of don't have anything to continue working on..." He said, looking around the workshop.