Chapter Eleven: Wanna hear my idea?

When Peter entered the apartment he was glad everyone was in their usual place, not worrying over him like last time. But that didn't last long.

"Hi, I'm back!" Peter greeted them with a smile.

Tobey and Andrew gave him a weak smile and shared a worried look with eachother...

Oh no... They didn't, did they? Peter thought, only one thing on his mind.

Did they tell Aunt May?

Tobey saw the panic in his eyes and quickly said "It's not what you think... Aunt May doesn't know yet. We're not sure why we haven't told her yet either."

"Because we don't want to break her heart, that's why" Andrew added, turning to Peter.

Peter took a deep breath and placed his backpack next to the door "And it's all my fault if we do..." He mumbled, sitting on the couch.

Both of his brothers turned to look at him "Now where did you get that?"

Peter was confused "Wait you guys aren't mad at me?"

"Mad?" Tobey repeated in disbelief "Why would we be mad? You didn't do anything wrong."

"That's arguable" Peter murmured "What do you think then? If you're not mad then what are you?"

They were both silent when Andrew spoke up "Stupid... Honestly. We didn't suspect a thing, well that is until a couple of days ago..."

"What happened-" Peter asked but then remembered "Oh yeah... That."

"Why didn't we notice it earlier?" Tobey thought, guilt in his voice.

Peter answered for him "I guess I was really focused on hiding it... For a while."

"How bad is it really?" Andrew asked, concerned about Peter for the second time today.

Peter sighed again, trying to think of an answer "It's not that bad, seriously. He teases me here and there, never gets too physical, when he does it's usually just a punch or tripping me in the hallway."

"What does he tease you about, the whole nerd excuse can't work since you go to a school filled with smart kids." Tobey commented, trying to not sound harsh, since he knew exactly what Eugene was teasing Peter about.

Peter gulped, what does he say now? He's been truthful so far... "Oh you know... Stuff."

Great thinking there Peter...

"You know, he sounds like a big coward. Talking big, but never doing anything." Andrew commented "Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to hurt you at all, but still. He's just a big show off."

Peter chuckled lightly when a memory came up in his head. It was around the beginning of Freshman year.

Tobey was confused "What are you laughing about?"

"Just something that happened at the beginning of the year, during P.E." Peter answered, a small smile on his lips.

Andrew jumped in "Well what happened, you can't just leave me hanging."

"It was stupid honestly, during a lesson we were made to pass an obstacle course as fast as we can." Peter started "And of course Flash was talking big about how he is going to do it in record time, and he was pretty fast. Then when my turn came up, he started teasing me of course. I didn't even notice it but during the obstacle course that kind of pushed me through and I was done really quickly.

Flash had this look, I can't describe it. He was shocked that I could beat him. Since then he's been avoiding physical contact I guess." He finished, kind of proud of himself.