Chapter Thirteen: I know what a spy is

Ned's place was fun like always. If you're with your best friend, eating snacks can be an enormous amount of fun.

Ned threw a crumb at Peter "So, would you rather get an F or never watch Star Wars again?"

"Don't waste food, dude" Peter commented "And your questions are super hard."

"And yours are too easy, you just asked me if I would rather eat a pickle or do your homework" Ned commented back, and after a long pause added "You know I'll rather pull an allnighter than eat that devil food."

Peter snapped his fingers "I knew it."

"So what's your answer?" Ned didn't give up with his question.

Peter shrugged "I guess I could just study for a better grade next time-"

"Nice dude" Ned said as he playfully punched Peter on the shoulder.

Peter laughed and glanced at the clock, sighing, half an hour has already passed. He stood up and checked if the pain was gone. He still felt something on his side, probably a bruise. Thankfully nothing on his face like last time.

"Where are you going now?" Ned asked, confused.

Peter looked just as confused and answered him "To the internship?"

"No way, you looked ready to collapse twenty minutes ago!" Ned said surprised how Peter was already feeling better.

"You helped dude" Peter said to him and grabbed his backpack, swinging it on his shoulders he felt a sharp pain to his side. He didn't wince, pretending it didn't bother him.

Ned still wouldn't let Peter leave, standing at the door "You can't just leave now, why don't you just call them and tell them you're sick or something?"

Peter sighed, and took out his phone, remembering to text Aunt May when he leaves. Ned casually looked at the phone "What are you doing?"

"Telling my Aunt that I'm leaving for the internship, you know, like I'm going to" Peter answered him and reached for the door handle, Ned stopping him "Oh come on now Ned, I have to go now or else I'll be late."

"You won't be late if you don't go" Ned countered.

"But I will go, and you can't make me do otherwise. In that case I will be late" Peter said to him.

Ned thought for a moment "Fine, but I'm coming with you."

"Coming where?" Someone entered the room.

Peter smiled at the two "Hello, Mrs. Leeds."

She dismissed him with her hand, smiling "Hello to you too Peter. And how many times do I have to tell you to stop with the formalities."

Peter shrugged and Ned's mom looked at her son "Where are you two going? And I have to say, am I the only one seeing those unwashed dishes and your friend who came over without you asking me."

Peter's smile faltered, and he apologetically looked at his friend who sighed "I guess you're going alone then Peter."

"You still haven't answered my first question..." Ned's mom commented.

His friend answered enthusiastically "To Peter's internship, I'll be back in an hour, please" Ned said, stretching his 'please'.

His mom laughed and ruffled their hair "You know I don't mind, but you're washing up tomorrow."

They both yelled out a thanks as they left Ned's apartment, laughing together.

-

"But-"