Chapter Twenty Three: Mr. Bird man, sir?

Peter looked at his mask in his hands, the window of his bedroom was wide open. It was getting a little cold with all of the air coming in from the outside.

He finally put on his mask and climbed out the window. He quickly jumped off, so he won't have to look down from the tall apartment building any longer.

Peter swung away, carefully watching over all of the streets and alleys as he went by them. He wanted to make sure that he didn't miss anything, well he at least tried to. Two eyes is probably not enough to see everything going on but it's enough to see the bad things happening.

He shook his head quickly, worried that he'll miss something if he got lost in thought. Just then he heard someone yell for help. It sounded like an old lady.

Peter immediately followed his senses that led him to a sidewalk where a man dressed in all black was trying to snatch a purse from an old lady.

Wow people are stupid these days... Peter thought to himself as he swung down and kicked the purse thief square in the jaw.

The old lady gasped in surprise and held her purse closer to her. After a few seconds she started swinging it at Peter "Leave. Me. Alone."

Peter covered his face with his hands to make sure the purse wouldn't hit him "Ma'am it's okay, I didn't come here to steal your purse."

She stopped hitting him and Peter peeked out from behind his hands. She tsked, hitting him one more time on the shoulder "Don't scare me like that boy."

And with that she walked away, leaving Peter with a dumbfounded expression. A thank you would be nice...

He sighed and looked at the mess he left behind. The thief was laying down on the sidewalk, Peter made sure that he wasn't dead first, but he noticed something else too. There was a bag on him, filled with wallets and different jewelry.

He had to make sure none of it would get lost, Peter webbed up the bag so nothing would fall out. Now what to do with the guy who was still passed out on the concrete.

He put the bag around his shoulder and picked up the guy who was surprisingly not that heavy and swung away, looking for the police precinct. He knew it was somewhere nearby.

He sighed in relief when he finally saw it. The thief wasn't heavy but it wasn't practical to swing around with a passed out man in his hands.

He sung down onto the roof, if he went to the main entrance police officers would see him. He webbed up the criminal's hands and left him with the bag next to the rooftop door. He knocked and when he heard two people coming his way he left them to deal with everything else.

Just like always, he felt a little irresponsible leaving the cops to deal with the criminal but it was probably better than if he tried to play with the laws.

All that he knew was what's legal and illegal. The basics of illegal things were robbery, murder and kicking a puppy.

Right?

That's all he needs to know anyway.

-

Peter was getting anxious, he was almost done with patrol and there were no avengers in sight. This whole time he was alert of his surroundings which was tiring.

He knew that they would come sooner or later, he just needed to wait. But he wasn't a very patient person when it came to things like this.

And soon, the time came. As he swung by a rooftop he was nearly brought down by someone grabbing his leg and holding on.