Chapter Eight: I'm not a loser like you two

Peter opened the door of the apartment to see a worried Aunt and Tobey. Andrew was just sitting on the couch playing with his phone. Aunt May quickly went over to the door hugging Peter "Oh Peter I was so worried! I didn't know if I should call you because you were busy or- I didn't know what to think! Thank goodness you're ok!"

Tobey visibly relaxed while Andrew had a look that said 'knew it'. Peter didn't know what to do while his Aunt was squeezing him so he just awkwardly hugged her back.

That was the right thing to do because his Aunt stopped hugging him and cupped his face with her hands instead. "What were you doing so late? Did you make it in time? How did you get back?"

Andrew looked confused and mouthed to Peter, "It's only half past six?"

Peter hid his smile at Andrew's comment and quickly tried to deal with his worried Aunt. "I was just in the workshop with Mr.Stark, we lost track of time I guess."

Aunt May sighed and backed away from Peter, though she still didn't know what to do with her hands. "Don't scare me like that ever again," She sternly threatened with her index finger in the air. "Now we can start eating dinner, Andrew you set the table, Tobey and Peter come with me," She ordered and the three brothers listened. They knew that not listening to her would be useless. Their Aunt went to the kitchen with the three boys behind her as Andrew reached for the cupboards.

"Why didn't you ask me if you could go to Ned's place?" Aunt May mentioned as she was taking a plate with some pancakes in it, handing it off to Tobey.

Peter sighed, Andrew laughed and Tobey gave a knowing look.

"I didn't think I needed to," Peter quietly said and Aunt May sent him a stern look. "Tobey was there when I said I was hanging out with Ned..." Peter looked at the floor and shot his oldest brother a look, but Tobey ignored it with a whistle.

May's look softened. "Peter I don't want you to be alone, you can hang out with friends if you want to but you have to run it by me first, of course, I will let you but just a heads up so I know where you might be. Tobey said where you were, and you sent me a message. I'm glad you did that but I was so worried when you were home almost an hour late. I thought that you didn't go to the internship at all and that something happened."

She rested her hand on the counter while Tobey was getting out ice cream from the freezer, Andrew was back in the kitchen to get the cutlery.

Peter was silent for a moment. His Aunt had a point, but he wasn't a little kid anymore. He could go around, or swing around New York just fine.

Just then Andrew ruffled his hair. "You're still young, no matter how you feel you're still our little brother and you always will be." With that he left the kitchen, leaving Peter and Aunt May alone. Peter couldn't tell if his brother was joking or being serious.

"I'm sorry Aunt May..." He said softly and awkwardly played with his fingers, not knowing what to do.

"This ice cream is melting!" Yelled Tobey from the dining table as he grabbed the first spoonful for himself.

May put a hand on Peter's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile "I'm happy you're safe Peter." With one more comforting hug she exited the kitchen.

Peter followed her and sat down at the table when he noticed something weird "Where is my knife?"

Andrew dramatically gasped "A knife? Now, that's too dangerous. Here, have this" he handed him a cheap looking plastic fork instead.

Peter sighed and looked at his Aunt for help and soon he got it. "Andrew, give him the knife, stop teasing your brother."