Ten

They kept me away from his room all day.

He was apparently making it more than clear that he didn't want me in his room again.

But I promise you, I wasn't going to let that stop me.

It was currently around ten thirty at night, all of the guys were getting ready to leave, standing in my room, making sure I was okay.

"If you want us to stay-" "I'm fine, he's going to remember me" I nodded, gaining hope.

They all gave small smile, nodding lightly

"You know where the nurses button is, stay in your room, no visiting your dad- he needs rest, and so do you." Calum spoke, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

I nodded, immediately praying that god would forgive me for the lie.

They left and I timed it.

I waited forty minutes for the coast to be clear.

As soon as I could, I got up, creeping slowly out of my room, limping to what I remembered as my dad's room.

I opened the door, feeling successful as I shut it, exhaling with a small laugh as I leaned against the door.

I walked fully in, seeing him watching tv.

"Hi" I spoke slowly, seeing his eyes move to me.

"I thought the doctors told you to stay in your room" he spoke, pausing the tv.

I shrugged, moving my weight to my good hip.

"They said I will remember you" He spoke slowly.

"Do you remember anything?" I asked.

He stared at me.

"You look like Jessica" his voice cracked.

I felt my eyes water at the mention of my mom.

"I tried calling her and the line was disconnected-" "I told you that she passed away" my voice cracked.

"How do I not remember that" a tear slipped down his cheek.

"We were dating, I was in love with her, her birthday had just passed-" "you were married" I corrected him.

"You both had me" I continued as he stared at me.

He slowly shook his head
"I would remember having a daughter- that's all I've ever wanted" his voice cracked.

"Why would I lie about this?" I cried out, tears running down my cheeks,

His face softened.

"Just yesterday morning I was arguing with you about school, I didn't want to go- but you were making me, you have to remember that" I cried out, gasping for air.

"Calm down-" "I play soccer, you're overly supportive, you made a shirt that looks like my jersey with my number and name on the back. You always scream and cheer for me, even when I suck" I cried out.

I felt my chest tightening, but I wasn't leaving,

"One time I got into a fight at school and you bought me ice cream because you were proud that I stood up for myself" I sobbed out.

"Please, just think" I cried, holding onto a chair to keep weight off of my left side.

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't think you're my-" I heard the door open, but I couldn't stop crying, I could barely breathe.

It was security.

"Fucking great" I cried out.

"My own fucking dad calls security on me while I'm having a panic attack- great timing" I gasped for air, moving to my feet as one of the security guards grabbed my arm.

They led me out, careful of my hip thankfully

I still couldn't breathe.

They walked me to my room, one helping me all the way to my bed, where I sat- letting out a cry.

I felt him hesitate to leave.

"Relax" his voice spoke.

I watched him crouch in front of me as I gasped for air, struggling to calm myself down.

I watched him reach over me, pushing the nurses button, but I didn't stop him. This was out of my comfort zone.

"Take deep breaths, focus on me" He spoke calmly,

Just as nurses ran in, I was able to stop gasping for air, reducing everything to just crying.

"Put oxygen on her, get a blood pressure cup and a pulse reader on her" a man spoke as he entered the room, making the security guard stand.

"Everything's going to be okay, kiddo" he spoke, leaving the room as a nurse snapped a mask over my face.

I didn't fight them, I let myself continue to cry as they got all of my vitals.

"What triggered this?" A male asked, looking to me, but I ignored him.

I could tell he was frustrated- but my chest was still hurting and I didn't want to focus on anything but being calm until it didn't hurt.

He took the mask off of my face

"I'll ask you again, what triggered this?" He spoke slowly

I stared to him, wondering who the fuck he was

"Maybe the fact that my dad doesn't know who I am"