Forty-Seven

"Due to the case circumstances and the medical conditions of the defendant, the jury votes on six months in the federal detention center, no parole. But also loses custody of his daughter." A person in the jury spoke, making my heart drop.

He deserved years.

"Mr.Gomez is guilt to the domestic violence of his daughter, Holland Gomez, you'll serve six months in jail no parole and you will no longer have any contact with your daughter and if you so you will be sentenced back to jail."

"Case dismissed."

He banged the gavel, making the five of us sit there, frozen.

We all knew he deserved a lot longer than that

Forget the physical abuse

What about the mental abuse?

What about her nightmares?

Her thinking she's ugly and worthless now?

I was pissed.

Once they drug him out the room, the judge looked to me.

"Mr.Hemmings my assistant told me you had adoption papers and certificates ready for me." He spoke.

So I stood, going to him.

After reading and analyzing each paper, he cleared his throat.

"Holland do you accept Mr. Luke Robert Hemmings to be your forever legal guardian, taking his last name and living by his establishment for years to come?"

"Yes" Holland spoke quietly.

"Mr.Hemmings do you accept Holland to be your responsibility, for you to be liable for her and all that she does?" He asked.

"Yes" I spoke.

"Okay, all is done, congratulations." He smiled, sighing the papers and standing, giving them to me.

And we left.

"So what now?" She asked quietly.

"Now, we plan a trip to Hawaii"

She looked to us with excitement,

"Right now?" She asked happily.

"We plan to go Monday, we go for a week and celebrate, if that's what you want" Calum smiled,

"I want whatever you guys want."