Twenty-Eight

The remainder of the night was spent crying and the next morning, without any sleep, I got up, showered and decided to go to the soccer field.

Just to practice and get time away from home.

I walked the fifteen minutes walk to school, going straight to the field, where I poured my heart into exercising and doing drills.

Just as I decided to finish, my coach walked up with a smile.

"I passed by and saw someone, I had to stop by and see who's putting in work on a Saturday" he smiled, making me nod slowly.

"Kinda a stress relief" I laughed lightly, seeing him nod.

We talked for a few minutes about the field and our schedule of games before he left and I just kicked the ball around for a few minutes.

I put everything back up and slowly started walking back home.

I ended up stopping and getting a smoothie before continuing my walk home, happy that I didn't have to eat cereal at least.

I walked inside, seeing my dad sleeping on the couch, which had now became his resting area.

I went to the kitchen and as I cleaned I heard him groaning lightly.

I grabbed a water and took some Tylenol to him, which he accepted.

"Holl?" He spoke, using my nickname that he hasn't called me in forever.

I stopped, letting him know I was listening.

"Can you cook me some eggs?"

I did as he asked.

I made him scrambled eggs, bringing them to him once I finished.

"Thank you" he exhaled, making me continue to look to him.

"Do you remember anything you said last night?" I asked him.

"No" he laughed lightly.

I didn't laugh, which made him immediately stop, focusing to me.

"Did I hit you again?" He asked.

"No, but you did tell me that you never wanted a daughter" I spoke, seeing him immediately look down.

"If you love me- even a little bit- you'll try to stop drinking for me." I told him firmly.

He rubbed his face, nodding lightly.

"This is my escape, Holland-" "yeah, well your fucking escape is breaking my fucking heart!" I yelled to him.

"I want my dad back." I ended up crying, seeing his face soften.

"I want my dad that loved me and would do anything for me, I want the dad that I had before we wrecked back" I cried, seeing him looking to me sympathetically.

"I just want everything back to normal."