Twenty-Five

Over the next few weeks, I started school back, I kept up with the guys and my dad kept his agreement for the most part.

He had a beer or two every once in a while, but he never had enough to get drunk, which I appreciated.

Currently I was in choir with my best friend, Audrey.

"Great rehearsal guys, see you tomorrow! Drive and walk home safely." Our teacher announced, making us leave.

I waited outside for my dad for an hour.

I called him five times

And then I decided to walk.

It was a pretty day anyway.

After about a fifteen minute walk, I was finally at my house, where my dads car was home.

I unlocked the door, walking inside and seeing the vodka, liquor and multiple other alcohols scattered across the living room.

"Dad?" I yelled out, wondering where the fuck he was.

I went ahead and grabbed his keys, putting them in my pocket.

I went upstairs, pushing his bedroom door open- seeing him with two other naked women.

"Oh my fucking god!" I yelled, slamming the door shut as I heard them all scrambling.

I went into my room, locking the door- wanting nothing to do with him right now.

Within minutes I heard him knocking.

"Holland, princess- come talk to me" he slurred, clearly drunk.

"Go to bed." I spoke sternly.

"Holland, baby." He spoke through the door, but I ignored.

He went away for about thirty minutes until I heard a hard hit on my door.

"Where's my keys?"

"You don't need to go anywhere." I spoke slowly.

"Holland Marie- open this fucking door and give me my keys."

My dad had never spoken to me in this way.

"Dad-" "I'm about to break your fucking door."

He wouldn't, he had enough common sense.

"Go to bed." I spoke and moments after- he slammed into my door, immediately breaking it, causing pieces to fly across the room.

"Dad, chill the fuck out" I spoke, moving to my feet.

"My keys." He spoke.

"You're intoxicated-" "you're sixteen fucking years old- you don't control me!" He yelled at me.

But I also wasn't going to let him drive and kill himself.

He soon had me against the wall, yelling in my face, but I didn't budge.

Once he went silent, clearly still angry, I spoke.

"Do you think mom would want you doing this?"

And that's when, the first time in forever

My dad slapped me

I instantly let my hand go to my cheek, gasping lightly

"You wouldn't know what your mother would want- she died when you were eight."