Thirty-Four

I turned towards the stairs, waiting to leave as she went to the bedroom, knocking and stopping the obnoxious moaning.

"What the fuck do you want?" I heard her dad say to her.

"I'm spending the night with Luke and the guys-" "why the fuck did you interrupt me to tell me that?" He shot to her, no niceness visible in his tone.

I closed my eyes, wanting nothing but to hit him.

I can't hit him.

I can not hit a man in his own house.

"I just thought you'd want to know." I heard Holland speak quietly.

"If you want to go fuck around and be a whore- you go do that, I don't give a fuck-" "you can stop there." I spoke firmly, finally turning to look at him.

His face went from an angry demeanor to a worried demeanor.

"Doctor Hemmings, I didn't realize you were here-" "whether I'm here or not, you shouldn't speak to her like that." I spoke, carefully pulling her behind me.

"I've just been frustrated and struggling lately, this was my one relief and she interrupted-" "you don't have to explain." I managed to fake a laugh.

"She May be with us for a few days, I'll call you myself and let you know." I spoke to him firmly, seeing him slowly nod .

"Keep my baby safe" he laughed, making me roll my eyes as I turned around, following her out.

I'll keep her safer than you do.

I walked her to my car, opening the door for her, letting her get in before I went to my own side.

As I started driving, she spoke

"I'm sorry." She spoke quietly.

"What- no, why are you apologizing?" I asked her.

"You're angry, your hands are turning white" she spoke, pointing to how I was squeezing the steering wheel so tight that my hands were getting lighter and lighter

I immediately loosened my grip.

"I'm not mad at you- I'm frustrated that your dad was speaking to you that way." I told her slowly.

"I'm sorry that he spoke to you like that- you don't deserve any of that." I told her firmly

"Were you being real when you said I might stay a few days?" She asked, seeming almost excited.

"Princess, if you want to stay with us for the rest of your life, we will work something out. So yes."