Fifty

"This is the longest I've ever walked" Michael complained

"Time zones are kicking my ass" Luke added

"I'm sick of hearing you two complain" Ashton complained as Calum and I led the group up a hill, to where my dad and I left my moms ashes.

"Where are we even going?" Luke laughed out, making me turn to them, stopping them from walking for a second.

"We left my moms ashes up here" I spoke, seeing each of them raise their eyebrows.

"How do you remember the exact spot?" Ashton asked, knowing we did this eight years ago.

"It's kinda something you don't forget, plus I have pictures, we left a cross in the ground." I told them before continuing the walk beside Calum.

About fifteen minutes later, I saw the cross, making my heart drop.

"That's it" I mumbled, making Calum look to me before looking back to it.

"Beautiful view" Calum spoke.

"That's why we picked it," I told him, managing to smile.

I looked to the faded cross with my moms name and date of birth and death etched into it.

The five of us sat, looking over the top of the hill at the view of the ocean and beach.

"What are you feeling?" Luke asked, his arm going around me.

"I feel really happy." I told them, seeing each of them smile.

"Like all of this just lined up perfectly, I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world." I mumbled, feeling Calum's head hit my shoulder.

After sitting there for a good few minutes, we decided to go get dinner, making us all stand, dusting each other off.

I saw Luke stepping closer to the cross, crouching in front of it, making me join him.

"I got your girl." He spoke with a smile, making tears instantly come into my eyes.

"And I will never let anyone- especially any little boy or man hurt her again. I'll keep her safe." He spoke, kissing my forehead

"I love you guys"

                                 The End.

Thank you for yet another successful book. ❤️ your support means the world to me