Eleven

I watched as he grabbed my chart from the foot of my bed, reading it slowly before clearing his throat.

"I apologize- I thought you were sick" he spoke.

"Just leave, please- I want to be alone" I spoke quietly, almost begging.

"I don't think that's the best idea-" "I don't remember asking."

He immediately left with all the nurses, I moved to lay on my side, pulling my sheets up as I continued to count through my breathing, feeling my body shaking lightly.

I didn't get much sleep throughout the night, if any.

I dosed off several times, but I would wake up with my dad on my mind.

I heard the door open as I stared into the darkness of my room, hearing it shut again before heaving several sets of footsteps.

No one spoke, I heard whispering, but I couldn't make out any words.

I heard someone click a lamp on, but I kept my back to them.

I saw Calum want into my view, a small smile immediately coming into his face as he sat beside my knees.

"Hi" he whispered.

"Hi" I spoke back.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, pushing hair behind my ear.

Like I want to die.

"Okay" I lied.

"So would you like to tell us why security was guarding your room when we walked in, or should we find out from someone else?" Ashton spoke quietly, pulling a chair to sit in front of me

"I'm sure you have an idea as to why" my voice cracked.

They both nodded.

"If he doesn't want you in his room, I know it hurts- but you have to respect that" Calum whispered.

"And what happens to me?" I shot out.

"When he never remembers me, but he heals and can leave the hospital- what happens to me?"  I shot out.

"There's many options for this situation" Ashton spoke slowly.

"And none of which are what I want" I spoke quickly.

"Your dad can choose to take you home with him- you're still his daughter and we're all going to be talking to him more and more- it's just right now he's going through a lot and we're trying not to bombard him" Calum spoke slowly

"We're going to figure everything out, we will be okay." Ashton nodded slowly.

They will be okay

I will be in an orphanage.

I didn't speak again.

"Wanna go walk around the hospital?" Calum asked me, making me slowly nod.

He held me as him and I walked.

My hip was hurting, but I didn't complain.

As we walked past my dads room, I noticed the security guards outside, there eyes locked onto me.

You're telling me they have nothing else to do but keep a girl from her dad?

About ten minutes later, Calum brought me back to my room, where he left me to go do his rounds. 

While he was gone, I showered and changed into sweatpants and a t shirt.
I slipped on socks, brushing my wet hair out before braiding it.

I ended up taking a walk through the hospital by myself, which I'm sure wouldn't make any of my doctors happy.

I depended on the wall to hold majority of my weight as I slowly limped.

I went into a room that looked like a waiting room

It was full of patients and family members.

There was games, puzzles, toys, everything.

I sat in a random chair, looking out of the window and towards the busy streets.

I soon felt something lightly hit my foot, making me quickly look

I saw my dad in a wheelchair, pushing himself with a puzzle in his lap.

I blinked to him lightly, confused.

"Want to do a puzzle?"