Chapter 5

YASIN

Look at her, she can just sleep at anytime. Such a sleepy head she is, I smiled and went closer to her. She was calmly sleeping and I was actually comfortable with her.. I mean I thought if I get married to someone I wouldn't be comfortable around her and it would be so awkward. But I guess I was wrong, but the only thing is she is way too messy.

I was exhausted, I went to take a cold shower. That would be best for me now. I came out after shower and she was still sleeping. I saw the blanket on the floor, I took the blanket and covered her to keep her warm. And then she suddenly opened her eyes.

What the hell are you thinking? She almost screamed and covered herself with the blanket. All I would do was laugh, She stared at me and I walked away.

What's wrong with me! Why am I smiling like a lunatic? I must be crazy. But her expression was worth it, she looked so cute. I turned back to see her and she was still pissed off.

Ya Allah! she looks so pretty when she is annoyed, I thought. But then I remembered our first meet, Zara forced me to join Aunt Zeena and families dinner two months before and that was when I came to know, the girl who was sitting front of me is Inaya. Zara and Aunt Zeena were taking care of Charity house together.

Whenever they used to have family meetings together, I would always avoid telling my work as excuse. Besides for me it's very hard to connect with people, Arman and Zara were the only people whom I was comfortable with.. after them Ray was my only friend. That day Arman just told me to trust his decision and I just went with the flow.

Though Mohammed stare were killing me but I really liked Riyadh, she was calling me Jeeju and was telling things she like. I suppose she was the only one who liked me too, Riyadh told me that whenever I visit her, I must bring her donuts and pastries. I noticed Inaya was not even looking at me, but I still remember how she looked, she was wearing peach colour hijab which was so pretty, I liked her modesty.

Yasin? What are you doing here? I heard Mohammed calling me and bringing me back to the reality.

Assalamualaikum Mohammed, we just came to visit, Inaya was missing home.

Walaikum assalam, oh that's so sweet of you. So is Inaya there in her room?

Yeah, I guess she is!

Let's have a brother talk Shall we? He asked raising his eyebrows.

Sure Mohammed! Should I call you bhai?

No no! We are almost same age, let's be friends.

I guess that would be fine, I Said. I thought how this guy was when he was checking me if I am good enough for his sister or not. He had kept a spy to follow me for few days and he kept calling me with new numbers to check if I was single or not. This guy definitely loves his sister!

Let's go to the backyard, he said and I followed him.
We sat on the Chair, facing eachother and He looked like he was bit hesitant to tell me something.

And he started, I had did a background check about you, I heard you don't have much friends? You dint go to school and college? I'm sorry if I am making you feel uncomfortable, but I just wanted to know about you.

I wanted to ask you these questions before your marriage. But when I did a check on you, I heard so many positive response. So I had to ask you now and it would definitely be all right, if you can't tell me.

He is just like his sister talks non-stop I thought and I said, Well there was some issues during my schooling and I dint like to go to school or college, so I did homeschooling and I dint have much time to go to college.

My dad wanted me to take over his business, so I thought if I started learning about business early I would help him soon. And about friends, I never really had enough time. I said and thought It was partly truth. I just can't tell them I'm adopted, Zara and Arman wouldn't like it. So I kept quiet!

So No girlfriend? He questioned!

I laughed and said No girlfriend!

Wow your a true man, he smiled and giving me a pat on my shoulder.

If you have any questions about Inaya you can ask me.
I looked at him and said Umm well, I don't have any questions.

Come on Man! Don't be shy, I will tell you anything you want to know. We are friends, aren't we?

Right then Inaya came and said, Mohammed dinner is ready, All are waiting for you guys. You can continue talking after eating.

I wondered, if she heard our conversation but somehow I was glad she came. I was bit tensed around Mohammed. It was as if he is taking a interview.

                       *****
INAYA

I woke up and went to kitchen to help Maa, everything was already ready and Miya bhabhi was looking so stressed. I walked towards her and asked, are you alright?

She said she wanted to talk to me after dinner and I hugged her and told her not to worry about anything. I asked her about Mohammed and she told me, Mohammed and Yasin are talking at the backyard. Knowing Mohammed I know he would definitely be blabbering stuffs about me. I went to backyard and saw Yasin looked a bit uncomfortable.

I heard him say No girlfriend? I thought did this guy never had any girlfriend? How is that even possible, he looks so daam handsome. Mohammed was happy about it and he asked Yasin to ask anything about me.
And I was surprised by his answer, he had no questions? Great!! looks like he is not interested in me, good for me I'm not interested in you either!

Before they would continue thier conversation I interpreted them and told them to have dinner. I saw Yasin and gave him a fake smile and went to dinning room.

After dinner, Aunt Zara said she have something important to say, and everyone now was sitting at the living room. Aunt Zara said that Yasin and I were going to Canada in two weeks, I and Yasin would stay there for a year because of business.

What did you say? Canada for a year? Mohammed asked if what he heard was wrong!

Maa was confused too, Aunt Zara tried to explain but Mohammed said he would never agree about me leaving to Canada and he walked away. I saw Yasin following Mohammed. Aunt Zara was comforting Maa and Miya Bhabhi dragged me to her room.