Chapter 17

YASIN

Inaya was walking towards my car, but then she suddenly slipped. I rushed out of the car to get her, but it was too late. She was already in the arms of Hakim. I had a feeling which I never had before... that uneasy feeling I couldn't understand why. I walked fast towards them and Inaya quickly came out of Hakim's embrace and thanked him.

Are you alright? I asked.

Yeah I'm good, she smiled. See you later, she said to Hakim.

See you butter! He smiled and went.

Did this guy does not have any manners? How can he just ignore the fact that her husband is here? And what did he just call her butter?? I whispered under my breath.

What? She asked.

Nothing.. Let's just go home I replied.

So are you alright now? She asked.

Listen, let me take you for a ride? Okay? I asked worriedly.

Sure! She smiled.

I stopped near the Cafe shop, And asked her what do you want so I would buy and come.

I want Latte Coffee, are we not going inside? She questioned.

Nope! I guess car would be more convenient, I said and walked towards the cafe shop.

                     *****

INAYA

What is he going to say? He looks bit disturbed? Is he going to tell about the photo? While he was buying Coffee I called Em!

Hey Monkey!! Emergency!!! I said tensed.

Woahh girl what's up? Tell me fast, I'm driving!!

I guess Yasin is going to tell me today? I whispered.

What? Let me stop the car on the side waitttt!!! She screamed.

Okayy? I said confused.

So is he in love with you too?!! She asked.

What No Stupid! Remember I told you the other day, we had a fight? I asked

Oh yeahhh So he is going to tell you about the photo? She questioned.

Yeahh I don't know? I just thought that would be important, I sighed.

That's all? I thought I would hear a love story of my bestfriend? She teased.

Hey!! Stop that! Why is he going to tell me about his past? I'm not ready yet.

I guess he wants you to know everything about him. Aww how sweet he is!! He definitely loves you girl. So is he talking now? Did our plan workout??

Yes I guess.. He is coming, I will call you back later!

Okayy!!! Don't worry, just try understanding him. She said and we hung up!

Here is your Latte Coffee! He came in and gave.

Thankyou, I smiled.

We were having coffee and he turned off the song which was already going on in the car.

                      *****

YASIN

Look what I'm going say might not be easy for you to take, but I just want you to not think bad about Zara and Arman. I'm already breaking my promise I made with Zara. But your my wife, you deserve to know.

Dont break your promise because of me.. You don't have to say anything to me let's go home, She replied.

No!! I think you deserve to know, I said and she looked at me calmly.

Don't talk in between oaky? I said and she nodded.

My first name was Kareem Riyaz, my dad Abbas and mom Laila were.... died when I was 8 years old, I stammered.

She guitily looked at me and said Yasin, I'm so sorry. Don't say anything now. Let's just go home? I can drive? She muttered.

I continued, ignoring her words,“I wasn't even a good kid, I hated everyone” Some of the elders, they took my sister too, I faked laughed! What's even worse they selled me to Zara and Arman, I mumbled. I don't know what was with me, I started pouring all my feelings to her.

She kept her hand on my hand and said, what you told me must have been very hard to say. No one would have done it. But it's good that you told me. Let's share our pain and sorrow's okay? She mumbled and I looked at her and asked Can I hug you?

She looked at me and then she nodded I just hugged her, she stroked my back and said, “ you are very lucky, Aunt Zara and Uncle Arman loves you more than you know”. Aunt Zara calls me everyday and teaches me your favourite dishes. Though I'm very slow at learning cooking, She does not complain.

She kept talking, which I didn't mind at all. Maybe she was talking so I could feel better and strangely YES I was smiling and was feeling good. When we came back home I told her I'm not hungry and I would like to rest. She nodded and went to her room.

After bathing, when I came out. There was a glass of milk and a note written, drink it warm to sleep peacefully! I smiled and drank the milk.

                        *****

INAYA

  I was happy that he opened up to me, it felt like he is accepting me as his wife. When he poured all his feelings to me, I felt really sad. I never knew Yasin holded this much things inside him. I should be good to him, I thought.

I was curious about his sister?! But if I ask him, he would definitely feel bad. So I thought I would just check his dairy. If he knew, he would be mad. But I don't have a choice, he have his sister he should look for her atleast, I said to myself.

After that day everything changed between us, I was trying hard to impress him by wearing nice outfits and cooking his favourite food. He would always compliment ME as usual even if I made the dish bad. He used to help me in cleaning home on weekends. Yasin would take me out every weekends. I was getting used of being with him. I loved the way he looked at me. Bravo Inaya you are going crazy..!!

I was actually sleeping good these days, though I still had nightmares! I wish I would also pour my feelings to him one day.

Once I was sleeping, I woke up scared as I saw my dad in my dreams. When I woke up, I saw I was holding Yasin's hand. When he saw me he left my hand and stood up and said I'm sorry. I just came to check if the lights were on and when he was about to go, I grabbed his hands.

He looked surprised and turned towards me. I know about my nightmares, you should get some sleep and don't check on me every night, I said to him.

You must not be telling me, what I should do or what I should not, He firmly said and walked away.

Why is he getting mad at everything I say? I just told him, so he could sleep. I shrugged off and went to sleep.

And then I gotta text from Haqim, he told me that my paintings were pretty much great, and he would love to take my paintings in his studio. I was so happy, I ran to Yasin's room to tell him. But he was sleeping like a baby.

Awww, he looks so Handsome! I wonder if his hair only looks soft or its really soft? So I thought to touch his hair, and he caught my hand and asked,  “ what are you doing”?!