Chapter 11

INAYA

What the hell is wrong with my heart? Maybe it's because he was the only guy who spoke this close to me? Why is it beating so fast?
Did he just hear me sing? Ya Allah Inaya your so mad... what would he even think of me?

I need my best friend!! I called Em, Hey baby cakes what's up?

Nothing! She said feeling a bit low, I could understand it just by her voice.

Tell me what happened now, I demanded.

Inu it's my parents, They want me to get married to Rehaan. She said in a low voice.

What Rehaan? That nerdy who used to follow you during school days? I asked surprised.

Yeah, I never knew his parents are friends of my parents. When Rehaan Dad asked my Dad my hand for marriage.. My dad just agreed without even asking me. When I argued with my parents and told them I'm against it, they asked me if I had a guy?

I told them No..and I'm not just interested in Rehaan. So mom told me she dint like dad too when they were married but then slowly she started liking my dad.

Really? Your mom has a love story huh? I laughed and joked I guess you would fall in love with Rehaan too slowly, I teased her.

Shut up donkey! Ofcourse my mom had a love story the proof is me.. I can't even imagine getting married to that guy. I don't care if he is a nerdy but he is way too decent. I need a guy who is fun to be with. He is strange and boring, she muttered.

Haha! Yeah I remember, when he came to Mohammed's marriage. He was such a mama's boy, he was doing everything his mom was saying.

Yeah, infact he was holding his mama's handbag? Can you even imagine?

Yes I am already picturing Rehaan carrying your handbag Aww how cutee, I giggled.

Realllyyy Inu??? Your supposed to be my bestfriend? Your not making me feel any better? She fake cried.

Awww my Em, don't cry! Don't worry we will figure out something.

Why did you call me? This late? She asked.

I just missed you!

Oh come on! I know something is fishy tell me, she replied.

Ya Allah I'm feeling sleepy all of a sudden good night babbyy! Love you Muaahhhh.. Tata.

Don't you dare hang up on me! Tell me she kept blabbering and I said her byeeeee and hung up!

                      *****
YASIN

I started noticing by every middle of the night, she used to cry in her sleep and she sleeps with lights turned on. So whenever she told me Good night, I would act as if I went to bed but when she closed the door. I would just stand outside her room for sometime. When I heard her murmur.. I would go slowly inside and try to calm her By holding her hand and stroking her hair.

It was actually working, she used to think that I'm her brother and she would sleep.

One day she cried and mumbled Dad I miss you...Come back.. I want to ask forgiveness to you..