Chapter 33

Dedicated To mwafko

INAYA

Hakim was acting so different today or maybe I was, Usually he used to come sit with me and talk about how my work is, He used to be very friendly. I was actually fine with it but when he asked “So Inaya you are finally glowing, is this because of your husband” ? It was so awkward for me to answer his question and I didn't like the fact that he asked me this. I guess he understood that I was not okay with his question. So he just said, Hey I'm sorry I just thought to ask you because you really do look happy.

Its okay, I replied and stood up to leave as I was done with my work.

Let me drop you home, he suggested.

I can take a bus nearby besides I have to stop by a grocery shop, I stated.

Okay but don't forget tomorrow we are leaving for the trip be here before 8:00 AM, he smiled.

I nodded and walked to the bus stop. I was wondering how will I convince Yasin about the trip, he would definitely be mad. It's going to be very hard, I sighed.

After shopping lemon, tomatoes cheese and all other stuffs at the grocery I stopped a cab and reached home within few minutes. Yasin already told me he would be late today and he might not be able to pick me up. I started cooking Lemon chicken and rice. Once I was done I went to take shower and played my favourite songs.

I walked to hall to see if Yasin had come. But No! he was not here, why is this guy coming so late how can he make his wife wait for this long, I muttered annoyed.

But then I felt someone hugging me from behind. I got startled and I hit the person with my elbow on his stomach and turned around to punch him.

Ouch Inaya.. It's just me I thought to surprise you, he murmured with pain.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry.. I thought it was someone else, I said embarrassed.

You do hit really good, I guess I don't have to worry about you that much, he murmured holding his stomach.

Is it paining I'm so sorry, I apologized feeling bad.

Hey you don't need to apologize it's my bad I scared you, he winked.

I smiled and we both ate dinner together. I wanted to tell him about the trip but I was so daam scared, I knew how he Will react though.

YASIN

Is everything alright Inaya, why do I feel like you have something to tell me? I asked.

Ah well, she said nervously. I went near and said come on its just me you don't have to be nervous. You can tell me anything, I assured her.

Okay promise me you won't be mad? She said making those cute puppy eyes.

I promise, I said trying to control my laugh because of her kiddish-Ness.

Imgoingtobusinesstripfortwodays, she muttered something so fast.

What? Just slow down and tell me, I said confused.

I'm going to business trip for two day, she sighed.

Wait what? I asked shocked.

You promised you won't be mad right? And I'm going tomorrow morning, I'm feeling super super sleepy Good night she said and ran as usual and locked her room.

Wth!!! Why doesn't she understands me, I frowned and walked to her door. Inaya open the door, You can't always run away from me. You know I don't trust your boss. Why don't you listen to me. Please open the door wify!!

I got a text message from her, “I can't you are scary as hell and I hate it when you are angry with me” .

Okay I promise I won't scold you just open the door, I just want to talk to you and I'm not even angry at you. I just don't trust your boss he makes my blood boil, I muttered.

But I don't have any choice, I have to go, besides whole office members are going you don't have to worry Yasin, she assured me.

You don't understand he isn't the guy you think he is, he is fooling you. Can you please open the door I have to tell you something.

No I can't you don't understand Yasin this job is very much important to me and I'm done talking to you just go sleep. I'm going to sleep.

Fine don't open the door do as you wish, I said annoyed and acted as if I was walking to my room and sat there knowing she would open the door.

As expected she opened, she saw me with her eyes widened and turned to her room but before she could close the door I grabbed her hand and went inside her room and locked the door.

What are you doing Yasin? I told you I want to sleep just leave me alone, she said trying to pull her hand away from mine.

I told you I wanted to talk to you I won't leave until I'm done. So you better allow me before I force you to listen to me.

Fine, she shrugged and she sat on her bed.

Look I have appointed a spy to keep an eye on Hakim and he told me that Hakim is already married for five years and has two kids.

Inaya started laughing and said Hey this is the lamest excuse for me to stop going to trip, besides even if he is married and had kids what's wrong with that? I don't get why you are so worried.

What? Are you laughing? I'm telling you this because he is literally hiding it from everyone. Doesn't that means something is fishy??

Ya Allah, I don't get why you always have problem with Hakim, If you are jealous because of him. I would really say you are being so silly.

Fine fine I'm silly and whatever you say, I won't be letting you go to that son of bitch and that's final, I said angrily and walked to my room.

She followed me and tried convincing me and I didn't say a word. But when she accidentally broke the frame which had my mom's scarf and my dad's watch. I got so pissed off.

I'm so sorry, I didn't break it wantedly, she apologized holding my sleeve.

Your making the same mistake which you did when your father died... Just leave and have a amazing trip, I said frustrated and took her hand off my sleeve.

She looked at me with full of hurt in her eyes and she walked back to her room. I looked at the mess at my floor, this was the only memory I had of my parents. I took my dad's watch and mom's scarf and kept it on the side of the table and went to sleep trying not to think anything which happened, because tomorrow I had a very important meeting.