"Chapter 4~Dead In The Winter."

After their camping trip the boys they were once again on the road looking for any leads to where their Dad could be. Stopping at diner Ella was excited to eat some actual decent food.

She got some chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream. Though Sam objected to such a sugary meal first thing in the morning he decided to pick a different battle to fight with his brother about.

That one was about finding Dad it's been a few weeks and they don't have anything. One thing Dean did find in the paper was a death of a young girl Sophie Carlton, from Lake Manitou, Wisconsin.

Drowned in the lake and thought this doesn't seem very supernatural she was on the varsity swim team at her high school.

Authorities dragged the water but didn't find anything not even her body. She's the third and none of the other bodies were found either.

"They had a funeral two days ago," Dean added

"Funeral?" Sam questioned

"Yeah they buried an empty coffin for closure or whatever," Dean voiced

"Closure? What closure, people don't just disappear Dean they just stop looking for them," Sam voiced

The tension caused Ella to look at Sam then Dean. "Something you want to say to me?" Dean questions

"The trail for Dad, it's getting colder everyday." Sam voiced

"Exactly, so what are we suppose to do?" Dean snaps back

"I don't know, something, anything," Sam voiced

"You know what I'm sick of this attitude, you think I don't want to find Dad?" Dean fired back

"I'm the one that been with him every single day for the past two years while you've been off to college going to pep rallies, we will find Dad but until then, we're going to kill everything bad until here and there," Dean voiced

"Okay?" He added the stare of between them not helping the uneasy tension

"I'm going potty," Ella voiced sliding off her chair starting to walk away.

"Ah Ah, we don't walk off by ourselves," Dean voiced taking her hand.

Grumpy she pulled her hand away which made Dean raise his eyebrows. "What's wrong?" He asked

"Nothing! I have to go!" She whined

Dean sighed knowing that he was about to have one of those days. He's not sure why but Ella's been having nightmares leaving her crying.

She won't tell him about the dreams as she doesn't want to relive them. After getting in the car Dean was getting fed up with Ella's attitude.

He's been giving her slack but clearly that's not helping. With the long drive ahead Dean hoped she'd get some sleep as he knows she long overdue.

Luckily that came to fruition as she was completely knocked out by the time they pulled up at the Carlton house. With them being inside Dean left her to sleep but a few moments later she heard the flap of wings.

Slowly waking up she was met with Castiel, "Cassie?" She asked half awake.

"It's okay, I heard you've been having nightmares let me help," He voiced placing two fingers to her forehead.

Ella fell back asleep more at peace than previously. The dream that she was having was when she was six months old.

Images flash in her mind of the fire, of her mother, and of a yellow eyed man. The dream ended with her mother on the ceiling before being engulfed in flames.