Chapter 7

“I think lilies will compliment Lydia more.” Ji-Sun speculated as she looked at the catalogue of flowers.

Cole’s mate, Danica, clapped her hands together as she looked at me with sparkling, wide eyes. “Oh! You’re right! Lilies it will be then!”

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought over their words. “Lilies for an Underworlder gathering? I’m afraid the lilies will wilt away and it’d be a waste to order them in the first place. Besides, we don’t really need flowers-”

“Yes.” Ji-Sun interrupted with a sharp yet soft tone. “We do. Flowers are essential for decorations.”

Danica nodded with a smile on her lips before the two of them buried their noses in more catalogues.

I sighed silently as I leaned back against the couch.

When Danica arrived earlier today, I was afraid that she and Ji-Sun would have a hard time getting along with each other. But to my surprise, the two immediately hit it off and I regretted the decision to be with those two. I had no say in anything even though it was my soiree. They made all the decisions and what they decided on was always “the best” for me.

Out of boredom, I began flipping through some of the food catalogues.

The catalogues that we used weren’t made by humans of course. These were specifically made by Underworlders for Underworlders. Because apparently, party decorations—including the snack bar—was a big business in the Underworld. Mostly royal demons used these services, but there were the occasional exceptions.

Me, for example.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was past noon. Giovanni should contact me anytime now. He did say yesterday that Camilla should arrive around the afternoon. Hopefully, he meant the early afternoon.

Being with Ji-Sun and Danica and choosing what wine flavor they should distribute around the party was torturous.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t hear any traces of Giovanni’s voice in my mind and knew Danica hadn’t yet arrived—probably wouldn’t so for a while. And the two women in front of me had just moved on to what dress I should wear for the soiree.

“Lydia doesn’t fit bright colors—no offence, honey.” Danica smiled at me.

Danica was centuries older than me, so hearing her call me honey wasn’t a big deal. It was the fact that she was looking at dresses that had slits at the side, nearly all the way to the models’ hips.

“No, it’s true. She may be nicknamed the Vincenti Princess, but she’s still a vampire princess nonetheless.” Ji-Sun lightly commented. “A dark red would suit her.”

“Or perhaps a shade of violet.”

Ji-Sun grinned at the suggestion. “Violet it is.”

I sighed and held myself back from many any sharp retorts. There was no point in regretting the choice to put the soiree in Ji-Sun’s and Danica’s hands. Besides, it was just one night. One night and everything would be over with. Endure.

“Will you have a partner for the soiree, Ji-Sun?” Danica asked curiously.

“If you’re specifying a date, then no. However, I will be attending it with three other men. None of them are potential mates, unfortunately. More like bickering brothers.” She said, referring to Abraham, Zachariah, and Blair.

“Well, if you’d like, I could ask a fellow werewolf to attend the soiree with you.” Danica said with a glint in her eyes.

Ji-Sun smiled, amused, before she joked, “That Mickey fellow yesterday was interesting.”