f o u r.

m r. s t y l e s.

~About 4 days later~
Elizabeth: I don't think that we are working anymore.

Me: Baby, what are you talking about? What are you saying?

Elizabeth: I don't want to be with you anymore. We need a divorce.. ASAP! I don't love you, I don't know if I ever did.

Me: That's just what I want to hear from the woman carrying my child..

Elizabeth: I don't even know if it's yours. Im getting my stuff tomorrow while your at work. I won't be home tonight, don't come looking for me. This is over. I'll have my lawyer send papers your way.

Me: What the hell?! You don't know if it's mine! We have been married for almost a year and a half!! It better be fucking mine!

Elizabeth: Whatever Harry. I don't want to be with you. Even it was yours, I don't think you'd see it anyway.

Me: That 'It' as you just referred to it as, is a little baby. A human, he or she needs a father. If im the father of that child, I am going to be in it's life. We need to talk this over face to face Liz. Text isn't the way to do this.

Elizabeth: I already said NO, I don't even want a baby. Let alone YOURS.

I slam my phone down on my desk in frustration and tug at the ends of my curls on the tip of my head.

"A-are you okay?" I looked up and saw Payton standing in front of my desk holding her books close to her chest.

"Not really. What do you need love?" She fiddled with her fingers, looking down at the ground.

"Well since I haven't been here.. I would like to know if we have any work I need. Why are you not okay?" I looked up into her ocean blue eyes and noticed they were a bit cloudy. Her eyes always beamed with sunshine.

"Yes, I handed out tue instructions for the narrative that we are going to write. As for the other thing, it doesn't matter." I handed her the paper that has the instructions for the narrative, "It needs to be about something in your life that has shaped you to be who you are today, or just some really memories that you remember or have with someone."

She nodded slowly, her eyes started glossing over and I stood up wrapping her into my arms. She didn't push me away, she wrapped the arm that wasn't holding her books up around my waist.

"What is it Payton?" I rubbed up and down her back and let her cry silently.

"The only good memories I have.. are with you." I closed my eyes keeping the tears now from falling from eyes also.

"T-then write about that." I couldn't swallow the lump in my throat.

"Really?" She looked up at me a little more sunshine and ocean showing through her speckled eyes.

"Of course, why would I stop you? That was one of the best times of my life." She smiled as did I. She nodded and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow."