s e v e n.

p a y t o n.

I walked up Harry's steps leading to his doors but slowly stopped realizing that he had hurt me. More tears run down my face as I sit down on the stair I last stepped onto.

I think back on my day and Invision Harry holding that other girl, the way he looked at me and told me to leave him alone he loved her and was set to marry. He didn't cry, he didn't twitch, his face stayed the same, un phased as I cried and screamed. Slapping his cheek and running away.

I then think back to what had happened after I got home. Not only did I catch him kissing someone else, now I have to witness my mother being groped and kissed upon. I think back to her screaming at me and grabbing the knife, she comes closer as I back away. My back hits the wall and the cold metal of the knife was laying on my cheek. 'Don't you blab about what you saw, now get out of here' I didn't move. It was as if I was frozen to wall, the the floor and to my shoes.

My cheek was definitely going to scar, I didn't know how deep she cut it. My first instinct was to come to Harry. He would help me, but that's not the case anymore.

I stand from the stair and start back down them. I turn around at the call of my name.

There he stood in his nighttime robe looking down at me. His hair in a mess and voice all groggly. I had woke him.

"I'm leaving now." I was off the last step and walking on his stone path to the street.

"Payton please wait! What happened to your cheek!" I heard his slippers padding behind me.

"It doesn't matter Harry. Go back to your fiance." I grumbled and continued walking.

"Payton stop! Im worried!" He shouted grabbing out and taking my wrist in his hand.

His thumb ran over the cut and dried blood.

"Baby, what happened?" I pushed him off of me and ran.

I ran to our spot by the lake, I sat on the dock, pulling my pant legs up and sticking my feet in the water. I lay on my back and look up at the stars. It was our thing, looking at the stars was a tradition Harry and I had, and now it's gone.. it's just me sitting alone watching the constellations.

*-*-*-*
I walk into his class, and take a seat in the back with Enid. I stare at the board and rack for more memories that we had together. All the good times and all the bad times.

"Miss Maxwell. Can you tell me the answer?" Crap, I zoned out.

"Oh uhm.. I didn't hear the question." I slid down in my chair.

"Well you see if you were paying attention you'd be able to answer the question. Now Cassandra what did you ask?" Harry turned around and looked at the girl in the front of the class.

"How many pages do we have to write for the narrative?" She asked softly.

Uh.. how many.. how many pages 4?

"Four?" I asked I a question.

"Very good Maxwell." Why is he treating me like I'm an idiot?

I hummed and went back to staring at the wall.

"What happened? Why's he being dicky?" I felt a stabbing in my elbow and looked over at Enid.

"Something happened last night.." I mumbled

Maybe it's time to tell Enid about my parents.

"And that would be?" She sat up giving her full attention to me.

"We kissed.." I didn't look up at her as I answered.

"Woah woah! What! Why!" I shushed her and put my hand over her mouth.

"Be quiet you idiot!" She rolled her eyes and licked my hand.

"Grosss" I retracted my hand and she smirked at me.

"Why kissy kissy?"

"He made me feel better."

"Uhm why? Why did you ditch us?"

I sighed and fiddled with my fingers.

"My parents are abusive.. my mom had an affair and I didn't get the scar on my cheek from falling on rock.." I explained.

"How did you get it?"

"My mom."

"Payton, I need to talk to you after class." Mr.Styles said from the front of the room.

"K."

The bell rang and I got up out of my seat and walked up to his desk.

"Is something wrong?" I asked

"I'm getting a divorce. I realized that I should have chose you a long time ago. I love you Payton. That kiss yesterday meant so much to me." There was a lump in my throat that I couldn't get down.

"Harry.. you hurt me alot. Your my teacher now. I don't know if this is a good idea."

"You can trust me Payton. I won't hurt you, I love you too much to do that." Mr.Styles said pulling me to him by the waist.

"You promise? What if Principal Wackett finds out?"

"I promise. Just trust me love, he won't figure out a thing."

"I believe you." and with that I locked our lips together.