f i v e.

p a y t o n.

That was literally awful. Well except for the hug.. I really liked that, even though I'm still mad at him he looked really upset and we both needed a hug.

Enid drops me off at home and drives away. I need to get ready to go over and hang with the girls at her house. As long as I'm not here.

I open my front door quietly and and shut it quietly. I heard my mother's voice in the kitchen. She noticed me and told whoever she was talking to on the phone that she had to go and loved them.

I closed my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"Why are you home late?" She snarled yanking my bag from me.

"I had detention." I spoke softly twiddling with my thumbs.

"What! You know the rules. Hand over the phone and your going no where tonight."

"Mother, you said I could go to Enid's tonight. It's Hazel's birthday tomorrow." I tried pleading with her.

"No means no. Set the table and get your father." I handed her my phone and walked towards my father's office.

I knocked hearing his groggling groan. The door opened and I saw my drunk father. His nose was flared and his lips were in a scowl.

"I asked not to be bother!" He screamed. I jumped and hung my head.

"Mother wanted me to tell you dinner is gonna be ready soon ." His jaw clenched and his hand tightened on the door.

"Im not hungry." The door slammed in my face and I took a Shakey breath calming myself down.

I walked back to the kitchen and took out two plates and set them on the table.

"He said he's not hungry.." I looked up at her and she was angry.

"He's never fucking hungry anymore! Whats the point of being married and having a family if you never see each other!" I sat down in my chair and looked at the table, "screw family dinner just take your phone and go upstairs. But you still can't go to Enid's."

I grab my phone and jog up the steps to my room. I lock the door and fall back onto it sliding down. I draw my knees up to my chest resting my forehead on them and letting the tears fall.

I grab my phone from where I threw it and grabbed a sweatshirt putting on. I walked over to my window, I used the tree by my window to climb down.

I walked around for awhile. Where do I feel safe? Where can I go? Not Enid's, they don't know about my parents. My friends think they are so in love when in reality it's totally the opposite.

Is there really one person I feel safe with? There was the hidden spot behind some trees by the lake, but i haven't been there since two summers ago. I keep walking, letting my feet guide me.

I end up on the one step, I never thought I would feel comfortable going to ever again.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. Not to hard but lightly. I'm surprised he even heard it to open the door.

"Payton? What are you doing here? Is everything alright?" His voice makes the tears slowly roll down my cheeks once more.

"I n-need you Harry."