his thoughts

When i was a boy I didn't really care what people thought. My main focus was to become a ninja, to honour my clan and become respected by my clansmen.

When I was a boy, the acceptance I sought after wasn't shown. The love the admiration..... none of it. As I looked up at my father with eagerness and earnest to see a bitter grimace on his end. The shadows engulfed me.

But then a light came.

A pink light.

A really pink light.

An annoying pink light.

But nevertheless she got into me. She started affecting me.

I never really did like running around and wasting time but I realised just how fun it was to actually lay down on a green field surrounded by sunflowers and dandelions looking up at the sky at the clouds passing by.

I realised how fun it was to actually do nothing. To just sit there and talk.

I realised how different it was to actually eat with someone.

I realised how embarrassing it was to wear a flower crown.

I realised how much I cared

I realised how I spent everyday with her.

I realised how whenever she smiled there was a spark in her eyes.

I realised how much I treasured and cared for her.

But unfortunately so did others.

Unfortunately that smile wasn't just for me anymore.

I realised how lonely I felt whenever I turned around, expecting sakura to be there behind me.

I realised how lonely it felt when I lay awake in long forgotten field with overgrown flowers.

I realised how much I loved her.

I realised how she was more annoying then I thought.

But look where I am now.

There are no clansmen to impress, no honour there to uphold. No restrictions. No nothing.

My clan had been wiped out.

They had been avenged.

My brother had been avenged.

There's only one thing that was left in konoha.

She was mine all along. From the first time she walked into my life inviting me to play hide and seek.

To even now.

I refuse to let naruto have her. Despite all my shortcomings im selfish and greedy. I can't help it.

I'm sorry sakura. Please forgive me.

In another life you'll be happier, without me there to ruin your life and make you cry.

You'll probably have, as a child, gone to the playground and seen a blonde boy on a swing set, alone. You'd ask him to play with you. You'd become friends. Him and you  wanting the friendship to become more, you became boyfriend and girlfriend.

You'd court each other whilst you became powerful shinobi. Then he'd propose, youd live in months, him as a hokage and you as a medic. And you'd have children. Beautiful children. You'd be happy.

Never would he make you cry. Make you believe you weren't strong enough. He wouldn't leave you. He'd be perfect.

But I'm not him and I can never be it's too late to  change what happened but I don't regret it. I regret not taking you with me.

I've done unspeakable things and I wish to anyone for them but the one thing I can't give up is you sakura.

I'm sorry but you're staying with me.

Your the only light I have in all this darkness and if  you try to leave me then I'll chop off your wings.