the one with the aftermath

It had been a month since the breakup.

Jongin was sure that he was depressing to be around, to say the least. He could tell there was a shift in his personality for sure since the breakup and even though none of his EXO bandmates had the heart to tell him, he knew he had to be bringing down their moods as well.

So he tried to stay in his room as much as possible, tried to stay out of everyone's way especially when he wasn't in the best mood - which seemed to be all the time anymore.

He kept checking his phone - every ten minutes it seemed - trying to call Taemin, only to find that his number was still blocked. He had found out from Key that they were preparing for a comeback now.

That Taemin seemed to be handling things better now.

Jongin felt like he was the one who was lost now. Like he needed someone to hold him as tightly as possible. He had played that role for Taemin and now he needed someone. And no one was there.

Sehun was the one who put up with his bad moods the most. He practically refused to let Jongin shut him out. He forced Jongin out of his room most days, dragging him out to eat lunch and shop for things - all the things they had said they were out doing back when Taemin and Jongin first got together, in Sehun's words now they were finally hanging out as much as they had acted like they were.

"Come on. We're going out." Sehun said, bursting through Jongin's bedroom door.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna get out of the dorm. And I kinda wanna go practice dancing." Sehun said, small grin on his face. "And seeing as you're our best dancer, congrats I need your help."

Jongin looked over at Sehun, he couldn't deny that the younger man genuinely looked excited at the idea of improving his dancing, and Jongin let out a sigh. He got up after a second, knowing that he couldn't bring himself to get out of helping Sehun.

"Give me a couple minutes and I'll be out."

Sehun's grin widened into a smile, "Thanks."

Jongin and Sehun had gotten to the SM building and checked in with security - signing their names down onto the check in list before getting a practice room assigned to them.

Sehun glanced over at Jongin, amused look on his face as they got into the elevator. "I know you and Taemin used to sneak away to a practice room - I'm not trying to play that game here Jongin." He said, laughing lightly.

"Damn. I thought you were taking me on a date."

Sehun busted out laughing, "Sorry Jongin but you're just not my type."

Jongin forced a laugh out, shaking his head as he looked down at the floor. He knew Sehun had only been trying to lighten his mood, but the joke had still stung slightly. The mention of Taemin had stung.

They got off the elevator and walked down the hallway to their assigned practice room for the day, sliding the key card into the lock opening the door and stepping inside.

They had only been in the practice room for maybe twenty minutes before there was a knock on the door, Jongin hurried over to open the door expecting it to be some groups manager that had booked the room for their group and needed Jongin and Sehun to get out.