the one where they tell everyone

Jongin walked into Jung Ah's apartment with the bag of food that he had bought for them for lunch. "Hey Nini." Jung Ah called from the kitchen.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Jongin asked, walking into the kitchen and setting the bag of food down on the counter.

"Pretty good today." She replied, nodding. "Noona offered to cover today at the cafe so I've just been sitting around here all day."

"Resting I hope?" Jongin said, unbagging the packages of food.

"Of course."

"Any new food diversions?"

Jung Ah shook her head, sitting down at the table and looking over at him. "Luckily no, not yet at least. Apparently the little one's here have decided to take it easy on me for now."

"Good cause I forgot to call and make sure you didn't want anything different from your usual."

"Good going, father number one." Jung Ah said, smiling. "It's all good though, cause the usual sounds amazing right now."

"So speaking of the little ones, how is everything?" Jongin asked, grabbing out two plates from the cabinet.

"As far as I can tell, everything is great. Next appointment is in a couple weeks - Taemin's supposed to be coming to it right?"

"Yeah, unfortunately I'll be practicing all day." Jongin said, walking over to the table with their food on the plates.

"I'm sure Taemin will keep you updated the entire time."

Jongin nodded and sat down across from his sister. "Yeah he said he will. I just hate to miss out on everything - getting to see the ultrasound with everyone else, finding out how they're doing at the same time."

"It's just one appointment, plus it'll be the same as last time for the most part - the babies will be a little bigger so they'll look a little different in the ultrasound but other than that everything will be the same. Taemin will be more than able to fill you in on all the boring details."

"Yeah I know. Just still hate it."

Taemin offered to drop Jongin off at the practice studio the morning of Jung Ah's appointment - mostly so that he could also then pick Jongin up later on and show him all the scans from the ultrasound.

"You seem off today." Junmyeon said, sitting down beside Jongin against the wall.

"Sorry hyung. My minds just elsewhere."

"Somewhere else you'd rather be?"

Jongin nodded, "Yeah. But this is important, practice is important. And plus Taemin's there so."

Sehun glanced over from where he sat on the couch, nodding at Jongin. Junmyeon looked over at Sehun before looking back at Jongin. "Family thing?"

"Yeah it is."

"Well we'll work on getting you all out of here as quickly as we possibly can. But for now, let's get back to work so that we can try to accomplish that."

As soon as Jongin sat down in the car, Taemin was holding out a picture from the ultrasound. Jongin took the picture from Taemin's hand as Taemin began to drive away from the practice studio.