the one with the surprise

When Jongin woke up to a call from Jung Ah at three in the morning, saying that she thought she was in labor and was heading to the hospital - he was a little freaked out for sure. She was only thirty four weeks pregnant and they were supposed to have weeks left.

Both Taemin and Jongin sprung up from their bed and Jongin was rushing to get dressed while Taemin was making all the necessary phone calls to everyone that they had decided needed to know beforehand about their potential new arrivals - which included their managers, Taemin's parents, and their bandmates.

"Got the backpack." Taemin said walking back by the door - phone pressed to his ear.

Jongin pulled a shirt on, walking out of their room and into the living room. "I'll run back home and get the car seats later."

"I think I've called everyone who needed to know right now." Taemin said, smiling over at him.

"There is no part of me that was expecting to do this as soon as we apparently are." Jongin commented as they walked out to the car, nervous laughter accompanying his words.

Taemin laughed as well, nodding as they both loaded a carseat into the back of their car. "I'm right there with you."

Jongin was sitting in one of the few chairs that were spread around the labor and delivery room. Taemin was standing across the room, talking to his parents on the phone - giving them an update about what all was going on; they had already decided that they'd come up after the babies were born. Jongin's mom was sitting on one side of Jung Ah while Sehun sat on the other and they were all three talking.

Which left no one for Jongin to talk to currently - so he was scrolling through Instagram and answering all of the, quite literally, fifty thousand messages from the EXO group chat that Sehun was ignoring, despite originally having said that he'd be the one to keep everyone updated.

It took them long enough - and a few talks from SM managers - to convince the hospital to let all of them into the room with Jung Ah which had gotten them quite a few funny looks from some hospital workers as they answered the questions asked of them to figure out who was going in with Jung Ah.

Who's the babies biological father? Taemin had raised his hand.

But you're dating the patient? Sehun had nodded.

And you're the patient's brother who is with the biological father? Jongin had nodded.

Jongin was sure they all owed SM quite a lot for stepping in and making things right for them.

But for now, things were calm in the room that they had all been taken to after the confusion had been cleared up. However he was sure both him and Sehun would have to leave the room once things started really picking up and that things would get much more chaotic at that point.

They were all very much aware at this point that the twins were going to be immediately taken to the NICU. The real question was how long they'd be staying there and how healthy both of the twins would be.

Jung Ah looked over at Jongin, "Are you ready to become an appa?"

"I'm not quite sure," Jongin said, laughing. "I kind of thought we'd have a little more time to prepare."