the one with the playboy

"Did you see the news?" Minho asked as soon as Taemin walked through the door to practice.

"No? What news?" He asked, curious as to what Minho was talking about.

Jonghyun looked over at him, shrugging - a slight shake of his head accompanying the shrug. "It's nothing really. Apparently SM decided to confirm a dating rumor about Jongin dating Krystal after they were spotted out together."

Jongin dating Krystal?

That was news to Taemin considering that Taemin and Jongin had been together the night before.

"Really?" Taemin said, fighting to keep any surprise out of his voice.

Minho nodded, walking across the room and grabbing his phone. He walked back to where Taemin was standing, stuck in place as he tried to put together the idea in his head. Minho stuck his phone into Taemin's hand - the article pulled up.

SM Entertainment confirms dating rumors. EXO's Kai and F(X)'s Krystal had been spotted out on date by Dispatch.

"Huh." Taemin managed to say, nodding and handing Minho's phone back to him. He had recognized the outfit that Jongin had on in the date pictures as being one that he had worn a few days prior, when he said he had to go out for a meeting.

Taemin's phone was out of his pocket and in his hand within a matter of seconds, picking the correct contact name and typing away.

Taem: You want to
explain?

Nini: explain what?
Nini: oh shit. I meant
to tell you about the
whole 'dating' scheme
the other day.
Nini: look - it's just to
divert any attention
from us hanging out,
Taem.

Taem: So let me
get this right
Taem: Instead of
us just being
honest for once.
Taem: You're
now dating
Krystal?

Nini: Taemin. you know
its not just that easy. how
many times are we going
to have this same
argument? it's not like
this is an ideal situation
for me either. I have to go
out and act like I'm dating
Krystal when really when
the cameras aren't around
I'm with you.
Nini: look at it this way,
this gives us a ton more
freedom to go wherever
we want, whenever we
want and no ones going to
question it cause I'm
supposedly happily taken
by Krystal.

Taem: I've got practice.
We'll finish this talk
later.

Jongin hated that he was having to date Krystal. It wasn't anything against Krystal, it was just inconvenient to Jongin that he was having to fake dating someone when he was actually with someone else.

Happily with someone else.

And that someone else wasn't seeming to undersntand why he was doing what he was - it was all for them in the end anyway. Jongin was pretending to date Krystal in an attempt to draw any attention off of himself and Taemin spending a lot of time together.

He thought this would mean that they could go out more often together, under the guise of just friends hanging out. He was doing it for them.

He had agreed to it after there was apparently some suspicion going around in SM about them. When EXO's manager pulled Jongin off to the side and asked him honestly if he and Taemin were dating, Jongin got scared. Because he saw the risk that he always knew was there - he saw it sitting right in front of him. The idea of everybody knowing he was fucking Taemin every time he got the chance to.