the one with the birthdays

Taemin and Jongin were both still in bed, eyes shut but neither asleep - just enjoying what they both assumed were probably the last couple minutes before either of the twins were awake.

"You awake?" Taemin asked quietly.

"Yeah."

"They're both still asleep. That's gotta be a record."

Jongin smiled to himself, "I'd give it five minutes. Kinda wishing they were already awake so we could start celebrating you know."

It was the twin's first birthday, a day that almost seemed impossible to imagine when they were first born. But here they were with two one year olds.

Taemin nodded, leaning over and connecting their lips. "I can't believe they aren't babies anymore."

"I know. It's absolutely crazy."

It was. Jongin couldn't believe that the two tiny little boys that had been born a couple months early were now one year old and both able to walk - although still a little wobbly.

The twins had met so many milestones over the past year and had genuinely changed Jongin's life for the better. He couldn't imagine how their life would be if they hadn't ever decided to become parents and hadn't had Daehyun and Seojun.

They had a dinner planned with some of the guys from their groups as well as their families in order to celebrate the twin's birthday later in the day. But they had the rest of the day to just the four of them - which is how Jongin and Taemin wanted their day to be.

"We should probably get up and go get them up that way we can fit in a nap or two for them before dinner tonight."

Taemin nodded in agreement before leaning over and kissing Jongin quickly. "Lets go get the birthday boys."

Once they got up and got changed, they both walked into the twins bedroom - finding both Daehyun and Seojun still sound asleep.

"Okay after how much they've kept us up the past year - I really don't want to wake them up this early right now." Taemin said quietly, shaking his head.

"I'm in agreement about that but it's about time they're normally getting up anyway."

It only took a couple minutes to get both of the boys awake, Seojun smiling up at Jongin while Taemin was in the process of getting Daehyun changed into an outfit for however long it lasted through the day.

A few hours later and the twins were napping while Jongin and Taemin finished getting the house cleaned up before it was even close to time for them to get the twins ready for their birthday celebration.

Jongin and Taemin had had many conversations about how they wanted to handle having the twins birthday be celebrated.

As they had done so often in their relationship, they were forgoing a little bit of tradition - mostly the part of having everyone they knew at the celebration.

They instead had decided to have their families over to their house for a much simpler version of the event. The only real tradition they were planning on leaving in the celebration were the fact that the twins were going to be wearing Hanbok's and they'd have the Doljabi Ceremony.

Which Taemin had only slightly rolled his eyes at having, stating that the item he had picked had specified that he would be a doctor - and well he was very much not a doctor. It'll be mostly symbolic for our parents, Jongin had said, Give them a little bit of tradition in their grandchildrens lives.