the one with the calm

One good thing about being who they were and with the company supporting them was that it meant they could sneak around the doctors offices a little more easily. Jongin had noticed that that even extended to Jung Ah now that her relationship with Sehun was public knowledge as well.

Jongin wasn't sure how SM was pulling it off but they all three managed to get into the doctors office for Jung Ah's first visit back in Korea without being seen at all.

They all three sat back in the examine room, watching the screen as the ultrasound played out in front of them. "And here is your baby's heartbeat."

Jongin looked over at Taemin, a smile slipping onto his face at hearing their child's heartbeat. Taemin squeezed his hand, smile on his face as well.

Jongin shook his head, amazement clear on his face. "That's amazing." He whispered to Taemin.

Taemin nodded in agreement, "Yeah it really is."

Their good mood from earlier at the doctors appointment continued on for the rest of the day, Jongin settling into the couch back at their house after they had dropped Jung Ah off at her apartment.

Taemin walked back into the living room, making his way to sit on Jongin's lap - connecting their lips. "Can't believe we got to hear our baby's heartbeat today."

"I know. That was amazing." Jongin said, wrapping his arms around Taemin's waist. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Taemin replied, smiling. "We're really going to be parents."

"Yeah we are."

Taemin rested his forehead against Jongin's, arms wrapped around Jongin's shoulders. "I still can't believe it."

"I can't either. Or well at least I can't believe that I'm getting to start a family with the man that I love. Kind of thought I'd only manage to achieve one of those two things - either having a family or being with someone I actually loved."

"And you have both of those now?"

Jongin nodded, "Yes I do. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone, Taemin. And I can't wait until our little one gets here."

Taemin closed his eyes, nodding slightly. "I wasn't sure I'd ever get you back after how things ended. I thought I had ruined things beyond repair, Jongin."

"I wasn't sure I'd ever convince you to let me take you back. You wouldn't even look at me half the time, much less talk to me. And then when you did talk to me and let me near you when we were practicing to debut with SuperM, it was like you were a completely different person the next day."

"I was scared to let you back in."

"Why though?" Jongin asked, pressing a kiss to Taemin's jaw.

"Because I had done what I did." Taemin answered quietly. "You had no obligation to want me back, hell everyone would have understood if you wanted nothing to do with me after that."

"You're always going to be the one for me. I'm never not going to love you and I wish you would realize that."

"But you don't get it, Jongin. You had done nothing but be there for me and then I went and ruined everything. Why would you want me after that?"

Jongin connected their lips in a slow kiss before he answered. "It never mattered to me, I've told you that before. It hurt me to know what had happened, but I was never mad at you. I understood that you were devastated at the time and that things happen."