the one with the ellen show

Jongin walked out of the changing room and back into the waiting room that they had been given for the day. They had been at the studio for a few hours and had already gone through soundcheck and were now getting ready for the actual show to begin filming.

As soon as he walked out, Taemin glanced over from where he was sitting between Taeyong and Baekhyun - smiling at Jongin. Baekhyun stood up from his seat and moved across the room.

Things had been different since the rest of SuperM found out about Jongin and Taemin. Not necessarily in a bad way, but just different overall. To start with, everyone had been doing the same as Baekhyun had just done - making room for Jongin and Taemin to sit beside each other whether it be in their van or at their rental house.

Other than that he had noticed that there wasn't nearly as many jokes at Jongin's expense as there had been prior.

Taemin had been different too, he was more touchy with Jongin around everyone and made sure to speak up about subjects that necessarily wouldn't have been spoken about between them all before.

"You look handsome." Taemin said quietly when Jongin walked over and took the seat that Baekhyun had just stood up from.

"Speak for yourself. You look amazing." He replied in almost a whisper.

They were still hesitant to be too loud or obvious in front of all their managers and team that was with them.

Mark plopped down in the seat closest to where Jongin was sitting. "So um... I was just wondering - because it's a question that comes up often - like what are you two going to do if they ask us if we're single today?"

Taemin glanced over at Jongin before nodding, "We'll say we are. Just cause you all know now doesn't mean we're ready to tell the whole world."

Mark nodded, "Alright. I was just wanting to make sure I was on the same page for what you all were going to say if the subjects brought up."

The interview was going well, Jongin was seated beside Taemin. He was a little surprised when Taemin reached over and gently scratched at his thigh. It was one of their old signs - one that they had worked up for when they were in Shinee's dorm or EXO's dorm.

I love you.

A simple tap on the foot, squeeze of the hand, squeeze or scratch at the thigh. All of them signaled I love you to the other. It had always been the easiest way for them to communicate that to each other in front of people - depending on the situation any of the options could be done easily without drawing that much attemtion.

Jongin reached over, squeezing Taemin's thigh while rearranging himself on the couch.

All of them filed back out of the van as soon as soon as they were back at their rental house. They had finished the Ellen show a little earlier and soon Jongin and Baekhyun were going to be leaving the group to head back to Korea for their activities with the rest of EXO.

Taemin intertwined their hands, smiling over at him as he led the way through the house. They had been asked if they were all single just like Mark had predicted, and Jongin in a way was glad Mark had thought to ask - that way they weren't necessarily blindsided when the question came up.

Jongin followed Taemin through the house, small smirk on his face the entire way. Taemin walked through the door to his bedroom, dropping Jongin's hand and closing the door behind them.