II.

Chibs' POV

The next day I was on duty in the Teller-Morrow shop. Starting the work on the engine of an 1976 Impala, I still thought about the girl holding close to me. I missed my daughter Kerrianne.

A red worn-out pick up truck, pulled into the lot. Minding my own business with the work I had, Jax, who was on duty with me in the shop, nudged my shoulder.

"Isn't she Opies neighbor?" I looked up from the car, seeing a pretty brunette girl, in tight Jeans and a white shirt coming closer. "She's good looking, when she's not panicking." He whispered. "Jackie-boy, keep it in yar pants, ya have a girl." "I know... just saying though."

The girl came closer to us and cleared her throat. "Hey there." "Hey... need a car-job or something?", Jax smiled at her. "No, actually I wanted to see you guys who helped us yesterday." Jax and I moved closer to her. "Ok? How can we help ya?" "Well..." her cheeks reddened, she looked like she's embarrassed. "I wanted to invite the five of you for a small barbecue tomorrow evening. As a thank you?" Jax and I grinned at her. "You don't have to do that..." "I know, I just want to. You guys brought back my kid to me and she's my everything. I don't have much to share and this is the last thing I could do. You are free to bring your families, too." She was kind of nervous, standing in front of us, waiting for an answer. "Well. Bobby and Tig are out of town for this weekend, but I guess I could manage to stop by with Tara and the kids. Abel must be about the same age like Josy." "That'll be great... uh...
Sorry I didn't get your names yesterday.", her cheeks growing more read. "Oh I am Jax, and the silent one over here is Chibs.", he patted my shoulder, while I shot him a glance. "Nice to meet you properly. And do you like to come, too?", she asked softly.  "Aye. I'll be there." She smiled at me. "Ok. Now I need to find Harry... you guys know where he is?" "Oh he is outside of charming, picking up a car with the tow-truck. I tell him about your invitation and I make sure he and the kids come too.", Jax replied.
"Ok, thanks! See you tomorrow then. Does seven sound good?" "Perfect!" "Good. See ya!" She waved at us, turned around and went for her car. "Aye, lass!" I yelled to her over the parking lot. Jax smirking at my side. "Ya know our names now, but what 'bout yars? Dunno what to call ya!" She laughed at that. "I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzy." "Alright.  Make sure ya ha' some cold beer tomorrow, Lizzy!" Laughing loud out at that, she gave me a thumbs up and climbed in her car.
We were watching her driving out of the lot, Jax nudged me again. "What's wrong in your head Scotsman? You're drooling all over the place..." He grinned at me. "Yeah, I sensed a chance of free beverage... of course I am drooling..." Jax laughed out loud this time and I continued working on the car in front of me.

Friday evening around seven

I hurried out of the clubhouse, I knew the others were already on their way to Lizzy, but I didn't came back with the tow-truck in time. All greasy and oil drenched I took a quick shower and got dressed as fast as I could. Earlier today I stopped by at the bakery and bought some scones and shortbread. I know Lizzy wanted to thank us with the barbecue, but I thought it was a nice gesture, bringing something with me. Securing the box of goodies on my bike, I mounted my harley and drove out of the parking lot of the garage.
The drive to Lizzy's took me about ten minutes. When I got up and walked to her front door, the box of sweet baking goods secured in my hand, I already could hear the laughter of my brothers and kids playing in the backyard.
Knocking on her door, I waited for her to open the door.
When Lizzy opened it, I was stunned by her appearance. She had her long brunette hair down in waves, wearing a form hugging summer dress in green and a pair of well worn converse chucks.
She smiled brightly at me. "Oh there you are, the others told me you've been busy with the truck." "Aye." She leaned over and kissed me on my cheek. As soon as her lips touched my skin my heart started jumping. What the hell...
"Well then, come in." She took my arm and led me in. "Oh, I bought some dessert... I thought ya might like tha." I handed her the box, smiling at her. "Oh that's nice, but you really shouldn't have... I invited you guys, I didn't expect you to bring anything." "Nah, I wanted ta. I saw these and i thought why not." Lizzy smiled at me again. "Now tell ma, how's the wee one doin'?" "She's fine. She's actually waiting for you. She told me last night how you find her and she thinks of you like the knight in shining armour." Laughing at her words, Opie appeared in the hallway. "Lizzy, should I... hey, you made it!" I nodded at him. "Aye." "Uhm... I wanted to ask, the grill is ready, should I put the steaks on it?" Lizzy nodded at him. "Yeah, I bring them out in a minute." Opie grinned at me and winked. "Ok, take your time. I'll wait outside." He left us in the hallway and returned outside. Damnit. Jax and his interfering skills, just like his mother.
"Come with me? I have plenty of beer waiting for you in the cooler. I bought something for you.", she took my hand in hers and honestly it felt more then pleasant. "Ya bought sumthin for ma?" She pulled me into the kitchen. "See for yourself." She pointed at the cooler and went to the fridge, getting out the steaks. I put off the lid of the cooler and started laughing. "Oh really? Guinness beer?" She turned around, a sad expression on her face. "You don't like it?" "No! Not at all, I luv Guiness. Where did ya get tha?" Her lovely smile returned. "That my friend, will be my secret!"

Lizzy's POV

I smirked at Chibs when he chuckled at my words. "All right, let's go outside and let's see if these steaks are as good as they look like."
We went through the living room to my backyard, some country rock music was playing from the local radio station. Jax and his wife Tara were already sitting at my picnic table, chatting away with Harry and Mrs. Robinson. The kids were playing on the set of swings and in the sand box. I smiled at my guests, it felt good being host to a small company like that. Chibs said hi to the others and leaned himself onto the table. "Here, Harry, there you go." I handed him the plate full of steaks.  "Please... only my mother calls me Harry. Call me Opie." Grimacing at that, I just shrugged. "Can't help it, bad habits die hard..." Tara laughed at that and looked at Jax. "Tell me about it... mine is sitting next to me..." Grinning at each other they shared a kiss and I saw Opie and Chibs looking away. "Mommy! Mommy!" Josy ran to me. "What's wrong baby?" "Nothing. Just want to know if he..." Then she saw Chibs standing at the table, sipping his beer. I smiled at her. "Yes he just came in, go on, say hi."
Josy didn't need any further encouragement, she bolted straight towards Chibs and ran right into him. "You're here!" Chibs smiled and lifted her up. "If tha's not the prettiest lass I've ever seen!" Josy hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. "Oh, what did I do, tha yar kissing ma?" My girl got shy from one minute to another. "You are... friendly. And you talk pretty." Jax and Opie chuckled at that and Josy shot them a glare. "His talking is pretty. You are meanies!"
"Josy! Don't talk like that to our guests!" Opie just shook his head. "My kids call me meaner stuff, don't worry.  And yes Josy, he talks pretty. But you know what? You are prettier than him!" Chibs smiled at Josy, glancing over to me. "Aye you're. Ha' tha good looks from yar Ma'." Now it was my turn for blushing. Mrs. Robinson and Tara, who were talking to each other, looked at me with an unreadable expression. Chibs, still with Josy on his arm, came over to me and Opie. "Yar kid reminds ma of ma own daughter..." "Why didn't you bring her, too?" "She lives in Belfast." He hugged Josy. "Go play with Abel, lassie."
"I am sorry... I didn't want to..." "It's okay, Lizzy. My unfortunately still-not-divorced wife and my daughter live in Ireland. And I am here."
I felt like such an idiot. Barely knowing anyone of them, I intruded in someone's personal life. I smiled at him and then excused myself to go inside and get the salads and sides I had prepared. The truth was, I felt ashamed about what I did and I needed to be alone for a few seconds.

Chibs' POV

I watched Lizzy going back inside and Opie rolled his eyes at me. "What?" "You made her feel like shit..." I looked at him in disbelief. "Naye, why should I?" The others chimed in. "Well it wasn't exactly what you said,but how you said it...", Tara stated. Jax nodded. Mrs. Robinson came to me and laid a hand on my arm. "Follow her. Tell her you didn't mean it like you said it. Tell her she isn't to curious or something.  She's beating herself up about that, I saw it in her face." She pushed me to the door. "Go, tell her." Opie, Jax and Tara nodded at me and shooed me inside.
So I made my way inside, reentering the kitchen. "Lizzy?" She turned to me, her eyes all apologetic. "I am so sorry, I shouldn't have asked that... it's none of my concern and Yeah..." "Lizzy it's okay. I don't mind. It's seven years ago. And it's not yar fault." Hanging her head down low, she played with her hands. Walking to her, I stopped about one step away from her, laying my hand on hers. "Ya hear ma? It's okay. Come let's eat. Yar sides smell amazing."