Chapter 13: Secrets Don't Make Friends

This chapter is a bit long haha sorry... also I'm sorry about this :( it broke my heart writing it..

Alex's POV:

Jack was hurting himself, and all of it was my fault. It was because I existed. Of course I'd keep my promise to help each other to stop self-harming... to a point. He doesn't need to see my hips, he can just monitor my arms.

A month and a half passes, sending us into the second half of October. Jack has stopped self-harming, and so have I... for the most part. I also have been really good at hiding the fact that I don't eat much of anything. As for our relationship... we're happy together, and we're almost inseparable. We have never argued over anything major for our entire relationship, although it's only been a bit over a month. His parents still don't know about us, and we've decided to keep it that way.

I'm sitting on the ground, working on homework with Jack- trying to, anyway. I'm doing the work while he keeps trying to kiss me.

"Babe, I promise, after I finish this I'll kiss you," I say, laughing.

"But I want kisses now," he whines.

"You're literally four, aren't you?"

"You're just now coming to terms with that?"

"Dude, that's like, weird as hell."

"Weird maybe, but not entirely illegal."

"No! I don't want the vision of kissing a toddler every time I make out with you!"

He laughs, laying his head on my leg. "Can you take a break and give me five minutes of your attention?"

"You've had my attention this entire time," I say flatly.

"I'm sorry, I'll leave you to your homework now, babe," he says, lifting his head up.

"Hey, this is your homework too!" I exclaim, pointing to his math book that's open beside me as I write an essay for English.

"But you're the one who's good at math."

"I'm not doing your homework for you!"

He quickly starts tickling my sides, making me dissolve into a mess of laughter. "Jack!" I finally manage between laughs.

"What was that about not doing my homework for me?"

"You're such a dick," I say, regaining my composure.

"You love it."

"Your attitude or your dick?"

"I don't know, you tell me," he chuckles.

"Fuck you!" I exclaim.

"I thought you were busy with my homework?"

"I fucking hate you."

"I fucking hate you more."

We go on, bullying the shit out of each other until it turns into a make out session. "Jack, please try with your homework. Like, actually. I'm writing an essay for English," I say once I settle back down in front of my computer.

"Okay, babe, sorry for distracting you so much," he apologizes.

"It's fine, and once you do it, could you copy it onto my paper as well?"

"Sure."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We sit in silence, with only the sounds of my keyboard, Jack's calculator, and pencil on paper filling the air. I finish my essay after 45 minutes to find that Jack had almost finished copying the math from his paper to mine. I lay on his shoulder and watch him do it. How did I get so lucky?