Chapter 6

everything has beauty,but not everyone sees it

but not everyone
sees it

~

"Salam."

Muntaha sleepily grabbed her ringing mobile phone from the night stand and accepted the call.

"Muntaha! You lazy gaaye (cow) ! You are still in your bed."
Hadiya said as soon as she heard Muntaha's sleepy voice.

"Yeah, so?" Muntaha sleepily rubbed her eyes.

"We are supposed to reach the venue in half an hour, you doughnut!" Hadiya said frustrated at Muntaha's nonchalance.

"Acha, acha! I will be there on time. Don't worry. I am getting up." Muntaha said and hurriedly got up from her bed.

"You better be. Bye." Hadiya replied and hanged up.

Muntaha walked to her cupboard and started to search for a dress.

●~●

"Sorry! I am a bit late." Muntaha said as soon as she saw her bestfriend's glare.

"I have been waiting for like an hour you know!" Hadiya scolded Muntaha. Muntaha suggested that she'd pick Hadiya and they'll both leave together for the venue. And Muntaha got late because she couldn't decide on what to wear and then when she finally decided she had to rush everything, but beauty takes time and time it took.

"Not an hour. Its barely been forty minutes." Muntaha said. "Sorry na, ready hone mai dair lag gayi." (Sorry na, getting ready took time.) Muntaha tried to explain that she was late because she had to get ready properly.

"Okay, fine. I am forgiving you. But its just because you're looking this good." Hadiya said jutting up her chin. "Afterall, you had to match this haseena's beauty." And then both the girls started laughing.

"Come now. We are already late as it is." Muntaha said and they both sat inside the car, Muntaha's bell bottom pants swirling around her heel-claded feet, her bangles clinking together making a sweet sound and her jhumkas shining in the moon light. Her blue chunari reflected the stars draped over her right shoulder.

"I am not over-dressed, right?" Muntaha asked embarrased, second guessing her choice.

"You look stunning." Hadiya assured her. "Wese bhi, half of the girls went to salons to have their make-ups done. I don't want to judge but thats way too much." Hadiya rolled her eyes.

"Let them be, yaar. Its their choice. Anyways, you were going to tell me something." Muntaha said and their conversation steared to Hadiya's new adventure.

They got busy in their conversation and reached the venue in about half an hour.

Muntaha dropped Hadiya at the enterance and went to the parking lot. She was driving around to find a free parking spot since the parking lot was very crowded.