Chapter 13

one touch of nature makes the whole world kin

one touch of nature
makes
the whole world
kin

~

"So, are these lens or is it your natural eye colour?"

Armaan questioned Muntaha out of the blue. The guys who were discussing something related to the weather of Swat and the girls who were listening to Hajra's comments on the recent celebrity wedding stopped and stared at Armaan dumbfounded.

"What?! I was just curious." Armaan said throwing his hands in the air.

Muntaha laughed loudly. It was one of those besakhta hassi she couldn't control. Her laugh was contagious as everyone smiled looking at her and some shook their head at Armaan's stupidity.

"It is my natural eye colour. Who would bother with lens?" Muntaha replied with a hint of smile on her face.

"Well, our Khan Sahab does." Armaan said cheekily, pointing at Faris.

Muntaha looked up and into his stormy grey eyes.

'Oh, I thought they were natural.' Muntaha thought with a little disappointment.

'But why am I disappointed?' She thought surprised at her own disappointment.

"Only contact lenses, that too sometimes because I don't like my reading glasses." Faris explained after he noticed a flash of disappointment in Muntaha's eyes.

"And I am not wearing them now." He added, glaring at Armaan.

Armaan just raised his hands in surrender. He was amused at the way Faris explained himself to Muntaha as he usually didn't care about what others think about him and he never-like never ever- explains himself unless its his father or mother with the infamous 'Khan' glare on the other end.

'Uff! Yeh mohabbat kya kya karwati hai.' Armaan thought with a chuckle.

(Oh! Love makes people do such strange things.)

Muntaha just smiled a little thinking his eyes are actually so beautiful and not because of lenses.

They continued their hike and got mesmerised by the serene beauty surrounding them.

●~●

"Mai thak gayi hu." Muntaha said out loud.

They had completed 6-miles and that was the max Muntaha's body could take. Muntaha was not one of those stick thin girls. She had her share of carbs and she had always been a chubby kid. She had minute to no physical activity and this hike was taking a toll on her.

The other group members turned to look at her and Faris noticed her flushed cheeks and frowning lips.

"Umm.. I think it is not necessary for the whole group to reach together to win. It will be decided by the first person who reaches there. So, you can rest here for a while and then continue the hike." Armaan proposed the idea.