Chapter 29

you call it madness,I call it love

I call it love

~

Looking in the mirror, Muntaha couldn't believe how the two weeks flew away and now she is standing here in bridal attire after the nikah function had finally ended. She was dressed in an ivory gharara with a completely embroided full-sleeved shirt and a net duppata with a heavy border pinned to her head. Her look was completed with traditional bridal jewellery passed down to her by her mother. She had a nude makeup look on which only she could pull with her shimmering green eyes and her hair were tied back in a bun without any tendrils escaping it.

 She had a nude makeup look on which only she could pull with her shimmering green eyes and her hair were tied back in a bun without any tendrils escaping it

The only thing which wasn't looking good was the hint of disappointment in her eyes. After the ceremony when the bride and groom were made to sit beside each other and throughout the rest of the function, Faris didn't talk to her, not even a single tiny compliment. She asked her mother and then Hadiya that if she was looking fine or any thing was out of place but they both assured her that everything was fine and she looked like a pari. Then why didn't Faris tell her so? Maybe he was angry at her for denying his calls yesterday. But she was really busy as it was her dholki and she was sitting with everyone almost all day so she couldn't take his calls.

They both had developed a habit of calling each other at evening to talk about everything and anything and drop a few texts throughout the day. Maybe he was offended, thinking that Muntaha didn't want to talk to him. She would have called him back but her phone fell from her hand and the screen cracked. And during the function, she couldn't gather enough courage to initiate a conversation when he seemed completely uninterested.

They were staying in the Khan mansion for the night as the family insisted. She was staying in the same guestroom she stayed in last time. His cousins including Abdullah, Safi and Aiman teased them about the sleeping arrangements that they should already let her sleep in her husband's room and it will be torture to Faris if they make him stay away from his beautiful wife. Their teasings didn't even make her blush as her mood was down and she rolled her eyes at the 'beautiful' comment. He didn't even look at her properly, much less finding her beautiful.