Chapter 32

to love and be loved
is to feel the sun
from both sides

~

"Salam."

Muntaha's heart skipped a few beats when she heard the door getting locked and she looked down at her shivering hands which were placed in her lap. She was sitting in her husband's room, which was decorated tastefully with flowers and scented candles, on his bed with her lehnga sprawled around her.

Faris took his sherwani off, placed it on the couch and sat near her on the bed saying his salam. Muntaha whispered her reply back feeling very shy in the presence of her husband. Faris smiled at his bride's redening cheeks. He wanted to laugh at the scenario. He wasn't expecting his wife to behave as a typical blushing bride as they had become quite comfortable and frank with each other over the past four years. He was actually expecting the bold Muntaha who kissed him herself on her graduation and then asked him for her present. He was caught off-guard by her boldness but then taught her how to actually kiss which left her flustered and heaving in his lap.

They both had already prayed shukrana nawafil in the praying area of the mansion as a ritual of the family. Muntaha couldn't understand why she was feeling all shy from Faris but she couldn't help it as haya surrounded her.

When Faris realised Muntaha won't be saying anything on her own and even won't look at him, he tilted her head with his index finger and thumb under her chin. Muntaha closed her eyes when she felt his hot breath fanning her cheeks.

"Ma'Sha'Allah." He whispered when he saw her face. Her eyes were closed hiding the green pools of emotions from him, her eyelashes kissing her cheeks making him jealous. Her lips tinted with red slightly trembling enticised him and he couldn't control himself further as he took her lips into his own. He kissed her a little roughly and she moaned quitely when he bit her bottom lip and then soothed it with his tongue. His hands made home at her waist but the fabric endowed with embroidery and gems felt uncomfortable beneath his hands. He came back to his senses and realised he must seem like a barbarian to his wife, trying to ravish her at first chance given. He separated their lips lightly groaning and leaned his forehead on hers.

"Sorry, meri jaan. I know I am supposed to praise your beauty and make you comfortable but-" He opened his eyes and looked at her flustered form, her lips swollen slightly and cheeks more red than her dress.

"-you have no idea how enticising you look sitting on my bed as my bride. I can lose my entire being in these shimmering eyes of yours. Your blush makes me go crazy with desire. And these lips..." He rubbed her bottom lip with his thumb making her tremble.

"God these red lips, they make all my self-control go out of the window." He kissed her again lightly and then moved back completely making her miss his warmth.