Chapter 27

"Muntaha beta, you go with your bhabhi to the salon

"Muntaha beta, you go with your bhabhi to the salon. Make her feel comfortable, okay?"

Muntaha was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand. She wanted to talk to someone about her feelings as she was really anxious but then again she didn't want to talk to anyone because she was feeling very low as her father was still not talking to her. During breakfast today when she greeted her father, he didn't even look at her and just muttered the greeting back. She didn't want to show infront of everyone how hurt she was so she kept quite and started gushing over the new bride trying to keep her face and tone cheerful. She didn't want to make her bhabhi uncomfortable but after that she went to Safi's room and didn't come out the whole day, not even for lunch and that worried everyone because Muntaha never skipped her meals. Safi came to call her but she was sleeping so he covered her with the blanket and left. And now everyone was busy trying to get everything together as the reception was in the evening.

"Jee."

Zoya Kamal left and she was about to leave when Safi came and stopped her.

"You okay?" He asked her and rubbed her arm lightly.

"Yeah." Muntaha said with her head bowed down as she knew Safi would see through her mood if he'd see the tears in her eyes.

Safi could still detect her mood but he didn't want to talk about it as it would just dampen her mood more so he tried to divert her attention.

"Acha sun, ek baat batani thi tujhe." (Okay listen, I needed to tell you something.)

"Bol." (Tell.)

"Please dhang ka makeup kra liyo. I swear I almost had a heart attack yesterday after seeing you." Safi said as if it was the most serious thing in the world.

"Tu Hadi ko dekh, mere se kya matlb." She slapped his arm lightly pretending she's offended while she knew he was only trying to tease her.

"Han, han. Apko dekhne ka haq to kisi or ka hai na." He winked at her and she thoroughly blushed.

"Oye! Don't blush. Tera banda already mujhe deadly glares de kr gaya hai when he got to know his wife is sleeping in my room." He wiggled his brows at 'his wife' and continued, "If he comes to know I made you blush, he'll definitely hang me upside down."

Muntaha tried to ignore his 'tera banda' comment and asked, "He was here?"

"Yupp! He said he's here to deliver some stuff for Bhabhi but we all know that's not the truth." He gave her a teasing smile to which Muntaha just rolled her eyes pretending not to be affected by his teasings.

"Whatever. I'm getting late." She pushed past him ignoring his laughter ringing throughout the hallway.

●~●